Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 5 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List
    Well Ablett has stuck it up the Hawks fans with those 2 goals. I'm at the game and the booing is disgraceful. I just don't get booing a champion when they haven't done anything dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Good to see him doing well, deserves it after everything he's been through.
    I wondered whether the Swans side is missing his presence in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Without a doubt.

Rohan watch - just kicked his 4th ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it was just the weight of expectation at the swans? We did ride his back a fair bit at times. He would have zero expectations on him at the cats considering the number of targets in front of goals they have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Maybe it was just the weight of expectation at the swans? We did ride his back a fair bit at times. He would have zero expectations on him at the cats considering the number of targets in front of goals they have there.
    It helps when the ball goes in there a bit more! Seriously he’s a talented player and he seems to be thriving in a new environment , no great science to it .

Geelong have also had more inside 50s to three quarter time than we had in the entire game v Richmond. It must be so much better to be playing for a team who give you more opportunity.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Do the AFL website keep up putting pics of Gary Rohan in a Geelong jumper just to annoy the Swans? This photo on their main page apparently represents the Hawks v Cats today.....

https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%...5-HawvCats.jpg

While he's going ok, he's hardly 'lighting it up!'
    I correct myself.....only 11 possessions (above his average!) but he has four goals and is looking good. Maybe that picture was an omen.

As I speak, #freekickhawthorn seems to have returned.....

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Every side needs a mercurial player . Ours was Gary Rohan .

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Every side needs a mercurial player . Ours was Gary Rohan .
    Ours is Isaac Heeney.....a much more useful and productive 'mercurial' player. Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as anyone that Gary is doing well at Geelong as I don't like seeing talent wasted but his talent was wasting away at the Swans. We were right to move him on.

Ours is Isaac Heeney.....a much more useful and productive 'mercurial' player. Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as anyone that Gary is doing well at Geelong as I don't like seeing talent wasted but his talent was wasting away at the Swans. We were right to move him on.
    100% we were. He’s doing well now, good on him. If we kept him I doubt he would be doing this well. Fresh challenge , kick up the ass, etc etc. we’ve all been there , or at least I have. You get complacent , you need a new challenge and bit of a shake up. You have a bit of a point to prove to others and yourself.

I see the deplorable Hawk fans are booing Gary Ablett every time he goes near the ball, a la Buddy.....I'm sure it's not because he 'liked' Folou's tweet either, they are not that socially aware surely. What is wrong with them?
    Some of the footy shows tonight commented they were uncomfortable with Ablett's booing, saying it had a nasty under tone to it (although not in Adam Goodes territory), suggesting it is related to Ablett's like to Folau's tweet.

To me this shows the HFC fans are one of, if not the most disgraced in the competition once and for all.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast