Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: #AFL Round 5 Weekly Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I doubt if it's ever been a target for the AFL. I suspect that once Hocking realised, that he wasn't able to claim that the new rule had increased scoring, he then noticed that there were more upsets and decided that, hey, this was a benefit of the new rules.
    Either that, or Barrett is just making crap up.
    Barrett managed to not get his facts in order before laying in to Hodge last week.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    From that linked article, I thought that this was an odd quote from Hocking: "The 2019 season's new rules, while not leading to higher scoring at this stage, had achieved the overall aim of "opening the game up" and had also contributed to the increase in upset results (23 games in the first five rounds were won by the outsider, an increase of six on results to this stage of recent seasons)".
    What a terrible comment by Hocking. He needs to be sacked. Never did he say the rules changes will cause upsets, or the AFL wanted more upsets.
    There are always upsets at the start of a season as teams exceed or dont live up to expectations from the previous year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    What a terrible comment by Hocking. He needs to be sacked. Never did he say the rules changes will cause upsets, or the AFL wanted more upsets.
    There are always upsets at the start of a season as teams exceed or dont live up to expectations from the previous year.
    Typical AFL spin. Insult to the intelligence.

I like the way the Dees are having a red hot go despite their skill level being inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I like the way the Dees are having a red hot go despite their skill level being inferior.
    They've had 39 inside 50s, kicked just 5 goals and are losing by 35 points right now

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    They've had 39 inside 50s, kicked just 5 goals and are losing by 35 points right now
    Urgh we really should of beaten them the other week. We look better than them at least.

And Richmond coming off a 4 day break. Agree we should have beaten the Dees

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    And Richmond coming off a 4 day break. Agree we should have beaten the Dees
    We should have....they're shiite tonight!

I've started a Round Six discussion thread for what it's worth. Round five ended only two days ago! It's like one long round.....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345