Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 5 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List

#AFL Round 5 Weekly Discussion Thread

Bit late starting this weeks thread.....I see some discussion on this weeks round has already started on the Round 4 thread. All good.

Pretty average round of games really starting with a good win to the 'Pies tonight over a disappointing Brisbane. Matches of the Round probably us and Tigers and on Monday but frankly, Geelong should win that pretty easily.

Let's hope our Swans hit some form on Saturday.....sustained over four quarters.

Have a great round all. Go Swans!!

Veterans List
    Sad for Dan but thankfully not our problem.....from Barrett's 'Sliding Doors' atricle.

"If.....

.....you want to see how to waste at least $400,000 - and quite possibly a whole lot more than that to come ...

Then.....

.....we present the no-due-diligence recruitment of Hannebery. On $800K a year, and now admitting at least the first half of 2019 is a write-off. Still seeking proper admission for why he was suddenly removed from the leadership group, too. "

While mostly true, I have to say that last bit irks me.....seems to me that Mr Barrett is trying to imply something that may or may not be true.....and just fanning the flames of the rumour mill.

Veteran Site Admin
    Typical spiteful junk from Barrett, the bottom-feeder.

The Saints have explained why Dan stood down from their leadership group. It's on Barrett that he chooses not to believe them.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Typical spiteful junk from Barrett, the bottom-feeder.

The Saints have explained why Dan stood down from their leadership group. It's on Barrett that he chooses not to believe them.
    Makes a living as a gossip columnist. Lowest form of life, just below amoeba.

Veterans List
    Essendon. After two absolutely crap performances in the first two rounds, Worsfold has turned his team into a well oiled, winning, speed machine.

Over to you Horse.....

Veterans List
    What's going on in the West?! Port up by heaps in the last quarter against the Weagles......bit of a shock. Tipping this season is a nightmare....

Having said that, I have an early Brownlow tip.

Gaff. Carving it up....likely to get votes in his first two games back and probably more tonight.

Senior Player
    Notice Luke Hodge, who I have always respected after his gracious speech on the ground after 2012 GF, has labelled Barrett a 'knob' after Barrett had a crack at him for being interviewed in game. Perfect description.

Regular in the Side
    Phil Davis rolled an ankle in their loss to the impressive Dockers. Has to be in doubt next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Just noticed that the Dockers beat the Giants. What the hell happened there!??

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Just noticed that the Dockers beat the Giants. What the hell happened there!??
    Early in the season but it is very unpredictable. Giants never seem to get on a sustained roll very often despite their list.

And Dees made to look ordinary by the Saints. A tippers nightmare after Port yesterday. Also indicates just how close it is.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Early in the season but it is very unpredictable. Giants never seem to get on a sustained roll very often despite their list.
    After last weeks fine performance at the Cattery, it was a disappointing effort and just raises the same old question marks over GWS.

It is a weird season so far though for sure.....Saints over Melbourne was my 'roughie' tip this week. They didn't let me down!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast