Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: #AFL Round 5 Tigers v Swans Sat 20-Apr at Marvel Stadium #AFLTigersSwans @sydneyswans

I would also like to see Reid moved to defence.

The school of thought, particularly when he's out of the side, is that he makes Franklin a better player. I don't think there's any evidence to support that.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

I think we should cut Reid some slack as he’s missed a year of football. And supposedly clunking marks is a confidence issue. He did get a couple in Q4 against the Tigers, so perhaps his form will turn soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I'd be interested to see our disposal efficiency stats vs the efficiency of the other teams. Obviously we were atrocious on
    Saturday night, but watching parts of other games over the weekend, I don't think we're alone in not being able to hit a barn
    door from more than 20m away. Even yesterday, in the Geelong-Hawthorn game there were long periods where the ball
    was just going backwards and forwards between each teams half forward lines, rarely threatening the goals. The real doozy
    though was the first quarter of the Brisbane-Adelaide game, where if Adelaide hadn't kicked a goal after the siren, the
    score at quarter time would have been 0.3.3 to 0.2.2.
    Indeed, the first quarter of Adelaide-Gold Coast was up there with one of the worst quarters of football I’ve ever seen. However our decision making was also very poor in the game against Richmond. I was also up high at Marvel Stadium, and the number of times we kicked/hand passed to players under more pressure was extraordinary. Several times we had completely free players, by many, many meters, yet kicked to someone with two-three Tigers around them. Twice we had players on their own less than 20m from goal, yet kicked to Buddy in the pockets surrounded by Tiger defenders. On other occasions, when he had made an excellent lead we totally missed him with the ball. Yes, the Tigers’ pressure was first rate, but the rot started with Lloyd under no pressure kicking straight to Rioli. Jack kicking out on the full after marking, Kennedy doing the same when 30m in the clear, it was a night of one botch up after another.

Senior Player
    Positives...I thought Rowbottom went well. Tried hard and I saw a lot of him on the TV coverage.

Aside from that it all looked too familiar, Buddy, Rampe and Heeney giving it everything like most weeks. Everyone else...not so much.

It's not so much the margins as the fact that we never look like winning. Consistently 3-4 goals down every week (bar Carlton), never looking like making them up because we struggle to kick 10.

Haven't seen anything yet to allay the "going to be a long season" fears. Hope to be proven wrong!

Oh dear.
    This crap isn't getting much better, is it?
    Turnovers. Handballing into heavy traffic. Kicking it to no one in particular. Easy missed tackles. Playing the man and not the ball. Kizza shooting for goal when BUDDY WAS BY HIMSELF IN THE GOAL SQUARE.
    The list is unfortunately, endless.
    Either they are tanking, or they are genuinely @@@@.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

They are not tanking but playing like a genuine @@@@ team.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021