Thread: Bloods 2019 player

Bloods 2019 player

We heard Damien Hardwick on the weekend reference what a Richmond player is and what they look for when recruiting

So what does a 2019 bloodsplayer look like ?

It can’t be the same as 2016 because it doesn’t work in 2019

We know in past it was hard contested players that exited with kicks but the speed, umpiring and rules of the 2019 game are not in alignment with our squad. We dont have a squad that can handle AFL 2019

2019 teams on the other hand are hard contested teams but when they exit they flood forward with veryvery quick players who love keeping the footy in hand

We know that we have teams in the Comp who regard themselves as “high pressure turn over teams” but their difference is their ability to break with running players that food forward hard

Richmond
    Bulldogs
    Saints
    Melb
    Etc

They have many players in these teams that are super quick
    They love hunting in numbers but then break so hard and so fast

Let’s be honest - who would rather building play from your HB line ?

Houli vs Mills
    Edwards vs Thurlow

It is chalk and cheese when theHBFs flood forward for the Richmond team vs Swans

I'd add the Bombers and take out Melbourne from your list. They run at a blistering pace and when it works destroy teams with it.

The Swans don't have a running game out of defence, which makes us easy to defend against. In the past we had players like Shaw, Kennelly, I even remember Leo Barry who'd run the ball out of defence before getting a kick away (or getting caught HTB, he could only step one way). We do have a few of these type of players languishing in the NEAFL and Tadgh is our defensive coach, so I say bring it on.

I like having Cunningham in defence as he shows signs but we need more like him. Moving Mills to the midfield would help free up a spot for a faster running defender although we already have the plodding trio of Parker, Kennedy and Hewett in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    We heard Damien Hardwick on the weekend reference what a Richmond player is and what they look for when recruiting

So what does a 2019 bloodsplayer look like ?

Here is a helpful resource to support this excellent thread.

AFL Draft Chris Doerre top 20 prospects for 2019

A bloods 2019 player is a top 10 draft pick.

Along similar lines. Which current team would we like the Swans to play like?

I hate to say it but Collingwood were a rabble not long ago with deplorable skills (I seem to remember them called the worst skilled side in the como), no game plan etc. I really like the way they play now.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Please stop!

Blog Entries
    Slow.
    Unskilled.

What would we like a Bloods v3.0 player to look like?