Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R6 v GWS

Changes for R6 v GWS

OUT : Jack, Ronke

IN : O'Riordan, Bell

I doubt they'll drop Jack...But they should.

Ronke needs to go back and find some form in the 2's...His most damning stat. Tackles - 0.

O'Riordan should never have been dropped and needs to be given a fair crack at it.

Rowbottom showed plenty of promise, and I suspect Bell will do the same when given a chance.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    OUT : Jack, Ronke

IN : O'Riordan, Bell

I doubt they'll drop Jack...But they should.

Ronke needs to go back and find some form in the 2's...His most damning stat. Tackles - 0.

O'Riordan should never have been dropped and needs to be given a fair crack at it.

Rowbottom showed plenty of promise, and I suspect Bell will do the same when given a chance.
    Agree but would put Stoddart in instead of Bell. Lively and more reliable kick. Ronke is almost in A.Dunkley class when passing the ball by foot. Was praying he'd handball it each time he got it. Embarrassing.

Regular in the Side
    Disposal Efficiency Ronke 33.3% Jack 45.5% need to be replaced. Agains GWS we need strong bodies. Bring in COR and Rose and move Mills to the mids. Does anyone know the injury status of the four withdrawals from the NEAFL team.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Disposal Efficiency Ronke 33.3% Jack 45.5% need to be replaced. Agains GWS we need strong bodies. Bring in COR and Rose and move Mills to the mids. Does anyone know the injury status of the four withdrawals from the NEAFL team.
    I thought we should be patient with Ronke, but his time is up, as it is permanently, I suspect for Jack. I'm not convinced McCartin deserves his spot either ATM. And I liked seeing Dawson kicking from defense rather than Lloyd (I know it's been mentioned elsewhere).

OUT: Ronke, Jack, McCartin
    IN: Stoddart, Rose, Fox

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I thought we should be patient with Ronke, but his time is up, as it is permanently, I suspect for Jack. I'm not convinced McCartin deserves his spot either ATM. And I liked seeing Dawson kicking from defense rather than Lloyd (I know it's been mentioned elsewhere).

OUT: Ronke, Jack, McCartin
    IN: Stoddart, Rose, Fox
    With the new kick in rules, a number of teams have a highly skilled designated kicker, eg Jetta or Hurn for WC. We have used McVeigh who is really good but not a long kick and Lloyd who is just ok. Dawson could give us an advantage here.

Out: Ronke
    In: whoever laid the most tackles in neafl

Out: Reid
    In: whoever took most marks in neafl

Out: Mc Cartin
    In: Fox

In COR Rose Blakey
    Outs Thurlow Ronke Clarke

COR straight replacement for Thurlow. Rose comes in for Ronke, hopefully can apply more pressure. Blakey takes Clarke midfield role. Blakey actually can kick and can take the game on with his run and carry. Also provide a good target for the long kick out of defence. Parker moves out of midfield, play off half forward, giving more midfield time to Heeney and Rowbottom. Dawson play off half back, free up Mills to finally prove his worth as a mid.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd drop Jack, McCartain and Parker as well but 6 changes in a week would be too many.

For all those who think Mills is the messiah - he is not quick by foot and that is what we desperately need in the middle

In: COR, Rose, Stoddart, Blakey, Fox
    Out: Ronke, Jack, McCartin, Clarke, Hewett

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Agree but would put Stoddart in instead of Bell. Lively and more reliable kick. Ronke is almost in A.Dunkley class when passing the ball by foot. Was praying he'd handball it each time he got it. Embarrassing.
    Haha good call. His awkward ball drop is pretty comical for an AFL footballer... but it seemed to work ok for him last year. Needs to go back for at least a month or more and get some confidence and strong form before he gets another go and if he still cant lift then we cut him loose. Poor skills don't cut it in the new AFL 6 6 6 era.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

And for those calling for Fox in, I really don't think we should go there unless absolutely necessary. I see Fox as only a depth player as he has had his chance many times similar to Towers did but really didn't do anything to keep his place long term. I dont believe he is in our future plans so therefore why play him ahead of some kids???

Out: Ronke, Jack.
    In: Wicks, O' Riordan.

Was going to include McCartin for Melican but I have kept him in to play down back again as GWS have 3 talls but the problem I see is that McCartin looks sloooow but so is Melican so we don't have much choice but I wouldn't be surprised if that change happens too.

We may also get lucky with Buddy's nemesis Phil Davis hurting his ankle late! But I don't think it will matter as they have plenty of good intercept marking defenders for us to kick it too... I unfortunately see another snashing on the horizon.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast