Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R6 v GWS

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I don't think he's having much impact with or without the ball at the moment. Small sample size, but compared to the last year he's down on disposals, marks, inside 50s, and clearances (the last three, significantly).

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I don't think he's been good. Still a chance to develop, but on a plateau at best right now.
    Talking about his career with Swans, not just some off the games this year.

Warming the Bench
    Sam Reid can't kick a goal to save himself so he can go back to CHB and mark up Jeremy Cameron. Aliir to Himmelberg and Rampe free to play the exit player.

KJ and Ronke need to be dropped with Rose to come in

Mills to the mids and COR coming in to the defence.

Franklin and McCartin as the key forwards with Buddy playing up the ground a bit.

out: KJ, Ronke
    in: COR, Rose

Agree with others that JPK and Parker should not be in the centre at the same time. They can alternate between centre and forward.

I can't find a place for Melican at this point.

Rampe Reid Cunningham
    COR Aliir Lloyd

Florent Kennedy Jones
    Sinclair Heeney Parker

Papley Franklin Rose
    Hewett McCartin Rowbottom

Mills, Thurlow, Clarke,

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    Sam Reid can't kick a goal to save himself so he can go back to CHB and mark up Jeremy Cameron. Aliir to Himmelberg and Rampe free to play the exit player.

Franklin and McCartin as the key forwards with Buddy playing up the ground a bit.

Agree with others that JPK and Parker should not be in the centre at the same time. They can alternate between centre and forward.
    Completely agree with this. Only doubt I have is that Reid usually plays the spare man and doesnt play as a proper 1v1 defender

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post

I can't find a place for Melican at this point.

Rampe Reid Cunningham
    COR Aliir Lloyd

Florent Kennedy Jones
    Sinclair Heeney Parker

Papley Franklin Rose
    Hewett McCartin Rowbottom

Mills, Thurlow, Clarke,
    Like this a lot. Doubt it will happen though. Mills and Reid will stay where they are. Jack and Ronke will no doubt retain their positions. COR and Rose will stay put too.

Here's hoping for something to shift either with the playing group and the coaching / selections. Come on Bloods

Senior Player
    Longmire presser notes:
    - asked about Reid: deflected questions he'd move to defence; noted he has been dropping easy marks
    - asked about Melican: suggested he had been good in the reserves the last two weeks; indicated he didn't play last week due to match-ups, but could this week with more talls in the opposition's forward line
    - asked about injured players: indicated that McVeigh, Grundy and Smith are still 'a number of weeks away' and that they aren't training; Hayward trained really well today, he loves Hayward's enthusiasm, Hayward is trying to get a helmet fitted; Menzel is looking 'quite good' at training, but won't play this week as he builds fitness
    - asked about Blakey: demoted to reserves to find some confidence and ball; indicated he was quite good in the reserves (but did not suggest he may be back this week)
    - noted, without prompting, that Dawson and Florent have been good.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Melican, Blakey
    For
    Jack, Ronke

Makes for a very tall team

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Emg Rose Cameron O’Riordan Ronke

GWS Corr Greene for Buntine Hately
    Emg Hately Buntine Simpson Cumming

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Melican, Blakey
    For
    Jack, Ronke

But neither are slow. And it's needed back, as Rampe can't play on Greene and Cameron. I would prefer him on Greene - let's not muck around with a smaller defender who will get beaten. Aliir on Himmelberg, Melican on Cameron. Mills on de Boer.

We're going to have to win the midfield. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Melican, Blakey
    For
    Jack, Ronke

But the Giants are even taller.

Veterans List
    Can't have Melican at all. He will be carved up by Cameron. Slow and has lost the ability to read the play.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    But neither are slow. And it's needed back, as Rampe can't play on Greene and Cameron. I would prefer him on Greene - let's not muck around with a smaller defender who will get beaten. Aliir on Himmelberg, Melican on Cameron. Mills on de Boer.

We're going to have to win the midfield. Ha.
    I think it's our only hope. If GWS dominate the inside 50s, it could be a Cameron lead blood bath!

Let's hope our mids turn it on and the ball sits in our forward half for the majority of the game. I think those changes are good. Would like to see COR and Rose rewarded though.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast