Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Swans headed for the spoon in 2019?

I don't feel he's top 6 anymore but I can see why some do. He's still capable of influencing a game in our favour, but less so these days. Ultimately, it's only my opinion, happy for people to take it or leave it - that's what forums like this are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Suggesting McVeigh is not in best 22 is laughable. Know it is likely his last year, but is still in our top 6 players.
    I unfortunately agree how good McVeigh is and it's actually unfortunate that a player most likely in his final season is so important to us. He has more poise and skill in his little finger than 90% on our list which doesn't say a lot for our recruiting over the past few years!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I unfortunately agree how good McVeigh is and it's actually unfortunate that a player most likely in his final season is so important to us. He has more poise and skill in his little finger than 90% on our list which doesn't say a lot for our recruiting over the past few years!

+1

Veteran Site Admin

A player, originally taken in the top five in the draft, who's been in the system for around 14 years and has amassed over 300 games, has more poise and skill than a guy who has played under 50 games (and based on the make up of our squad, was likely a late draft pick or rookie pick)?

Who'd a thunk it?

Senior Player
    He's not top 6, but probably top 10 given our output this year.

To be contenders we need him to be transitioning to the bottom 6 of our 22 and he's a long way from that

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Will not happen....where's your faith? We're pretty bad at the moment but the wooden spoon is out of the question....and as I said on another thread, tanking is not in the Swans DNA.
    You don't need to tank when your players are getting flogged in the contested possession every week. Not only that we don't have numbers at the ball. The reality is our game plan is, so dated if it were a movie it would be kept in the Silent Movies Section

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

I think Long has been drafted to take Macca's place. But unfortunately had Planter's Toe, broken toe that doesn't heal well, in his first year.

Senior Player
    We won't be wooden spooners, Carlton will have that honour. We'll be one place above them. The team is young and their disposals just aren't going to cut it this year. I'm not game to tip them anymore (and I always have in the past).

The way we are playing, we DESERVE the spoon (and the high-quality draft pick that comes with it).
    Carlton can't have everyone.
    We might not be "tanking", but we're playing with no passion.
    Same thing.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    The way we are playing, we DESERVE the spoon (and the high-quality draft pick that comes with it).
    Carlton can't have everyone.
    We might not be "tanking", but we're playing with no passion.
    Same thing.
    Carlton have already spent whichever first round pick they "earn" this year - they traded it to Adelaide.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Carlton have already spent whichever first round pick they "earn" this year - they traded it to Adelaide.
    Good point. If Carlton come last some heads will roll.

I wonder who will finish higher, Dew’s current club or previous one? And what that implies?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    You don't need to tank when your players are getting flogged in the contested possession every week. Not only that we don't have numbers at the ball. The reality is our game plan is, so dated if it were a movie it would be kept in the Silent Movies Section

...and yet we won a premiership three years after Avatar!

Agree our game plan has to change though.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Good point. If Carlton come last some heads will roll.

I wonder who will finish higher, Dew’s current club or previous one? And what that implies?
    I had a bad feeling when Dew was let go....and that feeling is not improving.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast