Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Swans headed for the spoon in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If we win the spoon maybe they can put a smaller version with the 2020 Premiership Club pack. Couldn't be worse than the crap binoculars they gifted us this year. At least I could get some use from it in the kitchen. Those binoculars are an insult to our membership.
    Absolute joke those binoculars. I think someone forgot to tell them they actually need to have a magnification factor >1.0 on them - didn't seem to do anything.

Great idea for a gift, awful execution. Sounds a bit like our team this year.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Exactly. I still feel that it's an indictment on our list management that McVeigh is still a top 5 or 6 player in our team at this point in his career and not playing O'Riordan regularly is a big part of that considering the similar role he's played in the NEAFL.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    McVeigh is not anywhere near a top 5 or 6 players. And the reason we are in free fall is because we keep these types of players far too long.

And don't compare him to Hodge. Hawthorn let him go (quite rightly) and Brisbane only picked him up because they have an exceptionally young list without a winning culture. Nothing like us.

Mcpointy should have pulled up stumps 2-3 years ago. He had a good year last year but that was an exception. He is dreadfully slow.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    McVeigh is not anywhere near a top 5 or 6 players. And the reason we are in free fall is because we keep these types of players far too long.

And don't compare him to Hodge. Hawthorn let him go (quite rightly) and Brisbane only picked him up because they have an exceptionally young list without a winning culture. Nothing like us.

Mcpointy should have pulled up stumps 2-3 years ago. He had a good year last year but that was an exception. He is dreadfully slow.
    Bloody hell.

Veterans List

Best footy brain and kick in the club! Although Dawson is on a par but can kick it 20 metres further.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Best footy brain and kick in the club! Although Dawson is on a par but can kick it 20 metres further.
    I think a certain Mr Franklin might have something to say about that!

Senior Player
    I'd be very surprised if we suddenly became the worst team this season. But we are bottom 4 right now...and without substantial improvements, I would not be surprised if we stay there.

Just looking at the second half of the season, we play all teams that are above us just now except for Melbourne. We have beaten Carlton and you'd think we should beat the Suns (but then, last year...). Anyway, the point is that we're not going to be saved by an "easy" run home as is sometimes the case.

I forgot Norf are still in the comp. Enough said.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Senior Player

Farcical

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Farcical
    A bit of sense, thank you.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I'd be very surprised if we suddenly became the worst team this season. But we are bottom 4 right now...and without substantial improvements, I would not be surprised if we stay there.

Just looking at the second half of the season, we play all teams that are above us just now except for Melbourne. We have beaten Carlton and you'd think we should beat the Suns (but then, last year...). Anyway, the point is that we're not going to be saved by an "easy" run home as is sometimes the case.
    North looked ordinary tonight, so maybe we can finish in front of North, Gold Coast and Carlton, not sure if we can beat anyone else. Herald Sun said in the paper that we are cooked, maybe they have got it right this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I forgot Norf are still in the comp. Enough said.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk
    No probs. we forgot that you were in the comp. too.
    Regards, Brad Scott.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think a certain Mr Franklin might have something to say about that!
    Yes, of course

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    No probs. we forgot that you were in the comp. too.
    Regards, Brad Scott.
    Round 9 at Blundstone, the battle for the number one pick in the mid season draft!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast