Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gore Hill - ACL grave yard?

I sneaked a look last week during a visit to the hospital - it looked a bit uneven to me - crimped perhaps.

Has anyone else noticed that or was I just high on hospital gasses ?

And how do they secure the playing surface to the soil underneath ?

Not crimped, ripplied et etc. It'd be the most even surface in Sydney.

Almost Football Legend
    At some stage this year we'll have one of those weeks when there's several days of rain in a row and there's mass ground closures across Sydney. That's when we'll really see the benefit.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Totally agree there will be 2 grounds open being gore hill and kanebridge

bit of rain fallen and normally by this time Norris Gore Hill closed, be interesting if this weekend brings up some interesting changes

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    Totally agree there will be 2 grounds open being gore hill and kanebridge
    Id add Rosedale to that list - UNSW and Mac Uni PD womens playing there tomorrow.

East Coast Eagles played at Gore Hill last week. Can they give feedback on the Ground.
    Any thing to report or any Injuries on the day out of the games

I thought you were there last week clubman?

Ive heard various reports, some positive some negative.

Positives: Better than Original Gore Hill. Wont get rained out. Concussions down.

Negatives: Burns from players above average than normal. Ankles injuries. Knee Injuries. After effect with aching muscles and joint.

Nothing compares to a ideal grass track, the impacts for clubs is one game a season however the true test will be how North Shore will feel after a full season on there. Will it impact them come the end of season.

First go there for me today. Agree with the post above. Better than old gore hill, worse than a grass field.

Asked one of their players "well it's better than mud". Lots of skin taken off, few ankle injuries and the ball definitely bounces different on it.

East Coast had 3 Prems Players with Ankle injuries - 2 required surgery
    1 player had concussion - Missed 2 weeks
    Lots and Lots of Skin taken off – most got infected - and all treated after game.
    See what happens next year as Clubs do have a Duty of Care for there players.

So north shore have asked to break the rules in the mens division 3 because they have so many players out with injuries........

Quote Originally Posted by Mac warrior View Post
    So north shore have asked to break the rules in the mens division 3 because they have so many players out with injuries........
    worst thing about this forum is the amount of ambiguous comments ending with an ellipsis implying that everyone should know what you're talking about

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast