Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 6 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List

#AFL Round 6 Weekly Discussion Thread

Sheese, round 5 ended just two days ago. It's hard to keep up!

I don't feel so bad about us, the way the Demons are playing.....

Someone mentioned pre draft that we should grab Sydney Stack because of his name. We should have. He went through to the second draft and missed there as well but Richmond picked him up over the summer somehow. They've done a Kinnear there....he's going to be a gun! He's done some impressive things tonight.

I actually like watching Richmond play because I like a team that relentlessly runs and works and backs their team mates up.....relentlessly! They're impressive. I wish we would play that way.....we used to.

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone.

Go Swans!!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 24th April 2019 at 11:10 PM.

Veterans List
    I think Stack was top 20 on talent but had significant off field issues. Tigers rolled the dice by getting him to preseason and now looks a masterstroke. They have so turned around from 30 years of mediocrity.

Dees, last year Prelim an abberation now.

From Herald Sun write up of game:
    Goodwin conceded young key forward Sam Weideman wasn’t “in super form” after another goalless night and that playing finals was “irrelevant” right now.
    I wonder if we go 1-5 whether we will take the same stance?

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

I don't feel so bad about us, the way the Demons are playing.....
    It makes me feel much worse. Melbourne are revealed to be absolute crap yet they beat us comfortably.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    It makes me feel much worse. Melbourne are revealed to be absolute crap yet they beat us comfortably.
    Yeah, I thought about that after I wrote it.....

The umpiring in the Anzac Day game is terrible.....some mesmerisingly bad decisions being made, both ways but probably favouring Collingwood a bit. I don't know where they recruit the umpires from these days but they are consistently shocking....

Veterans List
    Some here complained about our five day break and suggested that it may have affected the way we ran out our last game but last night Richmond played like they were possessed, for all four quarters.....after a four day break. Are we properly fit?

The pressure was great from both sides. I wish we could do the same. The umpires helped Collingwood get the win, but they were the better side in any case.

Along with Richmond, this game shows the kind of effort needed to win games of footy these days. We haven't showed it this year. It doesn't matter who's in the our side, but we have put the effort in if we want to compete.

It was a great game to watch as a neutral supporter. The Swans are miles behind these two teams at present.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Terrible behaviour by (I'm assuming) bombers fans at during the presentation last night. Especially considering what day it was. I'm glad Buckley said something about it.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Terrible behaviour by (I'm assuming) bombers fans at during the presentation last night. Especially considering what day it was. I'm glad Buckley said something about it.
    I agree. What is wrong with these people? The whole telecast we have to listen to the commentators getting all breathless about
    what a great spectacle the game and the MCG is with 90,000 seats being filled, but the reality is more than half of them have IQ's
    barely into double figures and carry on like complete turkeys at the slightest provocation.

#AFL Round 6 Weekly Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I agree. What is wrong with these people? The whole telecast we have to listen to the commentators getting all breathless about
    what a great spectacle the game and the MCG is with 90,000 seats being filled, but the reality is more than half of them have IQ's
    barely into double figures and carry on like complete turkeys at the slightest provocation.
    I was there, for the first time on Anzac Day , it is an absolutely amazing spectacle ! The booing was a shame , and Essendon fans are bloody feral , but give it a rest with you judging half the people there as morons. Riding a bit high in the saddle there. Settle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    amazing about all the who ha with booing, nothing said when buddy gets it, and have they forgotten adam G

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast