Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: #AFL Round 6 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    A couple of things. Probably felt the pressure of paying us back for nursing him through as he recovered from horrific leg injury. Also, the couple of shockers he had in the two grand finals probably put even more pressure on him. Weight of expectations can be very onerous. No baggage at Geelong so a lot more relaxed.
    He's also playing (and predominantly played for us) a role that is far, far, far easier in a team in good form and high on confidence. He actually played plenty of pretty decent games for us too, in the exact same position. He has been a little more prolific for the Cats in front of goal than he was for us, but he was still a very useful scoreboard contributor when we were going well.

He seemed to complete substantially all of the Cats' pre-season too, from what I could see from media reports. That's in stark contrast to the Swans, where I'm not sure he ever participated in pre-season. His last two years were late starts due to various hamstring issues, and we know that before then he went through his long rehab from the leg. Who knows if it's just chance that his hammies allowed him to do the pre-season this year, or if the Cats did something different with him, conditioning wise. But I am sure his preparation is helping his form.

Senior Player
    Our ex-players get feature articles when they move to Victoria

Mr Efficiency: Rohan's kicking goals for the Cats

But seriously, I can only wish him all the best when I read that.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

Great article....and I have the same sentiments as you. Happy for him.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

It is well worth reading - thanks neilfws. I was particularly struck by the way he described his role at Sydney. It explains a lot I never quite understood. And yes, good luck to him and the coach who has licensed him to do what he does best.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    How about Beveridge complaining about the umpiring. Bit rich coming from a side that won a flag because of gross gifting by the umps!

Veterans List
    This is General and Swans chat but there is no thread specific to this subject so I'm putting it here.

Stats Files: Is new Bomber the AFL's turnover king? - AFL.com.au

On the subject of turnovers, the above article regards individuals and turnovers. The three biggest turnover players in the league to this point of the season are Andrew Gaff, Jaeger O'Meara and Dylan Sheil...all gun players. Our own 'turnover king' or player who is perceived as such, Jake Lloyd is actually in the top ten on the 'best kick rating' list, with a 'hit rate' of 65.2%, which is apparently a 7.7% improvement on last year.....so, on those stats, he is actually getting better.

However, the article doesn't have team aggregate turnovers, which I'm sure we'd be close to leading but does sum up which teams are conceding the least points per game from turnovers and we sit fifth bottom on this list, conceding an average of 52.5 pts per game and we sit above Richmond (52.7), Essendon (54.7), Brisbane (55.2) and North Melbourne (57.7). However, three of those bottom four score far more heavily than we do and have 100+ percentages.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234