Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round VII Lions

Changes for Round VII Lions

If we consider that in previous seasons when we called on the reserves for replacements, we had Towers, Marsh, Robinson, Foote etc. They were just insurance players. If none or all of Rose, Fox & COR are not called upon soon then they may have been given this tag as well.

Perhaps Stoddart replaces Ronke.

We are soon coming to the point where we need to play COR, Rose, Cameron, Fox for 2-3 games just to see if they are worth keeping on the list for next season. Are they up to it? If not, move on!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Surely we would be better off without Clarke and replacing him with COR - either he allows Mills to move to the midfield or he plays there himself. Ronke has to go. And lets hope Buddy does come back. I'm keen for Rowbottom to stay in the side. Either Melican, Blakey or McCartin needs to make way. McCartin.

OUT: Ronke, Clarke, McCartin
    IN: COR, Franklin, Rose

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Surely we would be better off without Clarke and replacing him with COR - either he allows Mills to move to the midfield or he plays there himself. Ronke has to go. And lets hope Buddy does come back. I'm keen for Rowbottom to stay in the side. Either Melican, Blakey or McCartin needs to make way. McCartin.

OUT: Ronke, Clarke, McCartin
    IN: COR, Franklin, Rose
    As much as I like Blakey's foot skills I think he was returned to the Seniors too early. McCartin is a year ahead and offers a bit more flexibility. Otherwise I agree 100% with your changes.

I think it would be unwise to play Buddy. Regardless of how minor the strain is, 1 week is not enough time for any hamstring - they quickly become repetitive if not managed well.

OUT: Ronke, Clarke
    IN: COR and either Fox or Stoddart.

I think it's time Sinclair had a spell, play full forward giving Cameron chop out. Lions have 3 mobile talls. I wonder whether Reid would actually be best matchup for big O, Rampe on Hipwood and Aliir on McStay? Melican just seems off the pace. Ronke and Clarke definite outs for me. McCartain over Blakey as the final out as Blakey seems to offer more.
    Ins: Cameron, Rose, COR, Franklin
    Outs: Melican, McCartain, Clarke, Ronke

Mills into the middle for Clarke—Mills is completely wasted playing key position defender (and Clarke adds not a thing). Last night Mills was starting out of the defensive goal square most of the night. Ridiculous. O'Riordan into the back set-up and move Reid back permanently (I thought that he was pretty good last night, playing everywhere. Move Lloyd up onto the wing and play Dawson off half-back for some penetration. We need to develop play-makers off half back with Macca gone, and I think that Lloyd's disposals have been diabolical. Cunningham was willing last night, and quite prepared to engage (I know Nico is not a fan, but I thought he was among the best). I'd rather have him off half-back than Lloyd. Rose in for Ronke. Stoddard for Thurlow, to add some spark.

Rampe Aliir Reid
    Dawson Melican Cunningham

Sinclair Kennedy Jones
    Florent Heeney Lloyd

Parker Rose Rowbottom
    Papley McCartin Blakey

O'Riordan, Mills, Hewitt, Stoddard

Maybe I'm being harsh on Lloyd, looking at his stats. But I also think that this may be a case where the raw stats don't actually capture what I saw. His 'efficiency' seems high, but I wonder about the situations that efficiency creates. The stat itself without game context doesn't mean much, and my experience of the game was repeated frustration at disposals to teammates in terrible situations who then immediately turned the ball over.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Maybe I'm being harsh on Lloyd, looking at his stats. But I also think that this may be a case where the raw stats don't actually capture what I saw. His 'efficiency' seems high, but I wonder about the situations that efficiency creates. The stat itself without game context doesn't mean much, and my experience of the game was repeated frustration at disposals to teammates in terrible situations who then immediately turned the ball over.
    There were a couple of times Lloyd kicked the ball inside 50 on Saturday night and both were the opposite of a bullet, floating balls that gave the intended recipient no chance. Not sure why he does that and whether it's a confidence issue. There do seem to be a lot of Swans down on confidence. But I would rather he kicked like that in defence.

I'm a big fan of Cunningham playing in defence. I don't know how well he defends, but we need what run and carry he does have.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    There were a couple of times Lloyd kicked the ball inside 50 on Saturday night and both were the opposite of a bullet, floating balls that gave the intended recipient no chance. Not sure why he does that and whether it's a confidence issue. There do seem to be a lot of Swans down on confidence. But I would rather he kicked like that in defence.

I'm a big fan of Cunningham playing in defence. I don't know how well he defends, but we need what run and carry he does have.
    Cunningham has become one of our most valuable players. Very reliable with good character. One of our very few quick players.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Cunningham has become one of our most valuable players. Very reliable with good character. One of our very few quick players.
    He's also out of contract. As is Jones. How optimistic we can be about rebounding fairly quickly up the ladder (after this year) will depend a lot on re-signing those two. I know Jones is prone to a few errors but I think he, along with Cunningham, have been two of our better and more consistent players this year. We are developing a young group of runners (mostly still at NEAFL level) but those two lead the way in the senior side.

I'm surprised reading here that some think McCartin should be dropped.

He competes all game, attacks the ball, is an excellent mark...He's tracking really well for a 19 year old playing CHF.

IMO he's one of the few shining lights in our team right now.

OUT : Clarke, Ronke

IN : COR, Rose

These 2 should be given at least 3 games to settle in at AFL level.

Cameron also should be given an extended run at some stage.

If Buddy is fit, then Blakey or Reid to make way.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast