Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Horse

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    This just shows the disconnect between the AFL media and Sydney. I bet Caro would have some inside info about Richmond in the same scenario.

It's like an admission of failure.
    So true. They are clueless outside a radius of 10km from Melbourne GPO possibly excluding Geelong. Wasn't there a thread on this including the letters NFI?

The point of the article I posted was that 3 years ago, Longmire staying with the Swans (or not) was a two way discussion and decided mutually in the best interests of the Club.

I assume therefore they’d be going through a similar process this year too. Hence refusing to give definitive answers to journos questions.

Caroline Wilson would have inside information about Richmond because of her family connection, not because she lives in Melbourne.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    This just shows the disconnect between the AFL media and Sydney. I bet Caro would have some inside info about Richmond in the same scenario.

It's like an admission of failure.
    Caroline Wilson has had decent Swans intel in the past; perhaps her connection was with Ireland.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Caroline Wilson has had decent Swans intel in the past; perhaps her connection was with Ireland.
    You're right. When our coaching position was up in the air at the end of 2002 and the issue of Wallace/Roos was raging, she said the coaching position was Roosy's well before it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    You're right. When our coaching position was up in the air at the end of 2002 and the issue of Wallace/Roos was raging, she said the coaching position was Roosy's well before it happened.
    Has a lot of contacts with AFL not so much with the clubs any more.

Senior Player
    Finally caught Longmire's presser from Monday. He looked a little uncomfortable when asked whether he'd been in contact with Shaw. More so than previously. I still think Longmire will stay, but wouldn't be surprised if time is being taken engineering a coaching swap.

Warming the Bench
    I know we think of Damian Barrett as a sloppy tabloid journalist but Sliding Doors was a bit interesting today. He wrote about umpiring situation and the Swans. He wrote about Horse and the 2016 GF and the game against Essendon last week in the same sentence.

I think we all know that nothing has changed since the debacle of 2016 but we do need someone to expose the constantly biased umpiring.

Horse to Stay ...According to Jay Clarke in the Tele.

If so, once again North fail in the recruiting game.....Should of gone to the Gold Coast.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Horse to Stay ...According to Jay Clarke in the Tele.

If so, once again North fail in the recruiting game.....Should of gone to the Gold Coast.
    Much Ado About Nothing

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Woo hoo indeed!!

Hope the Cygnets celebrate by smashing Carlton tomorrow! Especially as my son and I are travelling from Melbourne for the game!

Poor old North! They throw truckloads of cash at people but still can't attract them!