Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Horse

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Horse

The title says it all. Go to!

Save it from the other threads please unless relevant to the thread topic.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What do you get if you have John Longmire's playbook and a morning after pill?

Only one plan B.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Apart from P. Roos, can’t name anyone better than J. Longmire to coach the kids to the next level.

Goes up to 11
    I don't like it when the camera pans up to the coaches box and he's talking but he has his hand up over his mouth so we can't lip read.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I don't like it when the camera pans up to the coaches box and he's talking but he has his hand up over his mouth so we can't lip read.
    I love how coaches do that, like they are in Goodfellas. Best of luck with restricting Horse bashers to this thread.

Blog Entries
    He wasn't covering his mouth on Saturday whilst coaching from the interchange box!!

He drops the F bomb quite a bit - doesn't like getting busted doing it by the cameras.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side
    I think that when we won the flag in 2012 he took Roos defensive mind set and got us playing more attacking footy.
    The sling shot with Jetta kicking 40 odd goals.
    Unfortunately I think over the last few years we have become too defense focused again.
    Look at Rohan at Geelong being played in a more attacking way.
    I think we NEED To focus more on winning the ball and kicking goals rather than just playing to restrict the opposition and then try and score.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    I think that when we won the flag in 2012 he took Roos defensive mind set and got us playing more attacking footy.
    The sling shot with Jetta kicking 40 odd goals.
    Unfortunately I think over the last few years we have become too defense focused again.
    Look at Rohan at Geelong being played in a more attacking way.
    I think we NEED To focus more on winning the ball and kicking goals rather than just playing to restrict the opposition and then try and score.
    Given we have the third worst defense in the comp for Points against, I think it is an area we do need to work on.

However, when we "take the game on" and play attacking footy we look good.
    We did it in the 2nd term on Saturday, and in the 3rd/4th against the dogs in Rnd 1.

I would say give Stewie Dew another couple of years to cut his teeth at Gold Coast, and then make him an offer he cant refuse in 2022 to lead us in the post-buddy era.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Firstly, after Horse's press conference, I am prepared to cut him and the team some slack. He finally admitted, in his own words, that we need to lower our expectations with such a young, developing team. So I'm officially writing this year off, and accepting the Swans aren't going to be as competitive as we'd like in 2019.
    I thought it was good to hear a little honesty, a nice change from Harley's utterances on the same topic, which reads more like a pollies' soundbite. https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...bfc5b8e463e605
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I would say give Stewie Dew another couple of years to cut his teeth at Gold Coast, and then make him an offer he cant refuse in 2022 to lead us in the post-buddy era.
    Sounds like a plan.

Speaking of plans, we should never have let him go....we should have been talking 'succession plan' with Dew.

Our club is a victim of it's own misguided loyalty sometimes. While Horse indeed deserves loyalty, the club need to have a little more foresight and a little more mongrel. Dew was an obvious successor just as Horse was to Roos but we missed the boat on that one.....to get him back would be a coup and the righting of a wrong.

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast