Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Horse

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If horse left I'd take Clarko in a heartbeat. He out coaches us on almost every occasion we meet.

imagine having someone at the swans who is best buddies with the AFL CEO.!
    Hard won culture would go out the window. Won't happen. Would develop LDS if he moved to Sydney.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I was home sick yesterday and spent a bit of time looking at the new coach thread on North's BF board. I was surprised, given that Horse (and John Blakey) are greats of their club that there isn't more love for them. Longmire would not be a particularly popular appointment among those posters. Some were in favour, others were not. A bit like the way I think some RWOers serially underrate his achievements. Just because we didn't win in 2014 & 2016 doesn't mean we didn't do fabulously well to get to the GFs and win the minor premiership. Their knocks on Horse were same as ours: too defensive game style and that he has underachieved with the talent he had at his disposition, although there were some powerful rebuttals of that point of view too.
    Did any of those rebuttals acknowledge that we were robbed in the 2016 GF and that Horse should have two premierships beside his name?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Did any of those rebuttals acknowledge that we were robbed in the 2016 GF and that Horse should have two premierships beside his name?
    Yes, one did actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Don't ever want Clarkson at the club. Single minded coach who has done very well but had a once in a generation talented list. Has a history of whingeing and nastiness to go along with it. Longmire has far more character and integrity, which are foundation stones of the Swans/Bloods culture.
    +1

Senior Player
    Don't ever want Clarkson at the club. Single minded coach who has done very well but had a once in a generation talented list. Has a history of whingeing and nastiness to go along with it. Longmire has far more character and integrity, which are foundation stones of the Swans/Bloods culture.
    Spot on.

Speaking to a tradie yesterday (Collingwood supporter) who didn't realise i was a Swans supporter till later in our conversation after he began talking about the coaching scenario and said the exact same thing about Clarkson & Longmire. He reckons Longmire is the best coach in tne competition.

Senior Player
    I would like to know who appointed Ben Stratton as captain of Hawthorn. You'd think Clarkson would be involved in that
    decision, right?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If horse left I'd take Clarko in a heartbeat. He out coaches us on almost every occasion we meet.

imagine having someone at the swans who is best buddies with the AFL CEO.!
    This

Senior Player
    Two points on that, firstly Hawks were a rabble when Clarko landed there and had a big say in shaping that list. Secondly I would have thought the same could be said for Longmire

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Two points on that, firstly Hawks were a rabble when Clarko landed there and had a big say in shaping that list. Secondly I would have thought the same could be said for Longmire
    Absolutely not. We've never had the talent that Hawthorn had in that era, at least not since the mid-'30s.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Please give me the Swans equivalent of Rioli, Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Gibson, Franklin, Roughhead, Lake and Breust in their prime

- - - Updated - - -

Missed Jordan lewis

Please give me the Swans equivalent of Rioli, Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Gibson, Franklin, Roughhead, Lake and Breust in their prime

- - - Updated - - -

Missed Jordan lewis
    Well we had a Mitchell and we’ve got a Franklin