Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
Results 517 to 528 of 528

Thread: Horse

  1. #517
    Go Swannies! Site Admin Meg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Brewongle
    Posts
    3,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    It's academic now but the administration was too conservative and missed the boat on the natural succession of Stuart Dew. That will be something that is paid for for a long while.
    Would that be the same Stuart Dew who coached the Suns to a loss to the Crows 23.13 to 8.8 last weekend? And the same Stuart Dew who has coached the Suns to just three wins this year, so the Suns sit on the bottom of the ladder? Despite the high draft picks Suns have playing for them?

    H’mmm.

  2. #518
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Would that be the same Stuart Dew who coached the Suns to a loss to the Crows 23.13 to 8.8 last weekend? And the same Stuart Dew who has coached the Suns to just three wins this year, so the Suns sit on the bottom of the ladder? Despite the high draft picks Suns have playing for them?

    H’mmm.
    I don’t reckon Alistair Clarkson could go to the Suns and turn them around at this rate . Seriously what was Stuey thinking taking that gig, he could’ve had the Melbourne gig and the Carlton gig at one point (if you believe the media ).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #519
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    3,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I don’t reckon Alistair Clarkson could go to the Suns and turn them around at this rate . Seriously what was Stuey thinking taking that gig, he could’ve had the Melbourne gig and the Carlton gig at one point (if you believe the media ).
    My theory is that he had game plan issues with Horse that he couldn't see changing and jumped at the first senior coaching vacancy on offer. Pity it was at the Suns.....

  4. #520
    Go Swannies! Site Admin Meg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Brewongle
    Posts
    3,613
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    My theory is that he had game plan issues with Horse that he couldn't see changing and jumped at the first senior coaching vacancy on offer. Pity it was at the Suns.....
    If Dew has a superior game plan, and according to some posters here game plan is the magic bullet to success, why are the Suns doing so badly?

    Might it not be the case that footy success results from an interaction of many factors?

  5. #521
    The Gold Coast is now a population of hugely diverse supporters (many moving there who are rusted on fans of other clubs).
    How can any team flourish there?
    It’s still very tough for the Swans to go anywhere near filling the SCG after how many years... 37 ?

  6. #522
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    If Dew has a superior game plan, and according to some posters here game plan is the magic bullet to success, why are the Suns doing so badly?

    Might it not be the case that footy success results from an interaction of many factors?
    Yes Meg, many factors no doubt about that, I'm not a "game plan" only Dew advocate, although I do know that was an issue for some important players and some other had other issues with coach (and left), but hey players are never all happy with everything. My view is based on him having done a great apprenticeship and being the best internal option for a managed succession plan which I'd have preferred. I don't like to see people in a position like senior coach for so long, I just don't believe they can be as fresh with their ideas or other aspects of the job and they can become too entrenched. Same old voice..... Apples and Pears, Suns and Swans.

  7. #523
    Veterans List Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    6,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    If Dew has a superior game plan, and according to some posters here game plan is the magic bullet to success, why are the Suns doing so badly?

    Might it not be the case that footy success results from an interaction of many factors?
    It's worth highlighting just how astute a rhetorical question this is.

    Whether it's here on RWO or in the media, the analysis of a wide variety of situations are simplified down to single issues or limited factors. The undulating fate of teams and their players from week to week are a result of many more things than we can contemplate. If it's even possible to come somewhere near the truth, it will probably be a result of acutely weighing up information from numerous inputs from many sources.

  8. #524
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    3,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    If Dew has a superior game plan, and according to some posters here game plan is the magic bullet to success, why are the Suns doing so badly?

    Might it not be the case that footy success results from an interaction of many factors?
    I wasn't necessarily saying Dew had a better game plan, just a different one that wasn't on Horse's radar.

    You're right about an interaction of many factors being the key to success and list quality obviously has a lot to do with the Suns problems.....but they did beat us at home last year with much the same list. Superior game plan?

    I'm happy with Horse though.....he is evolving our game style and when injuries and cygnet development (and hopefully, consistency of skills) fall into place, I think we'll be pretty happy with his game plan.

  9. #525
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    14,203
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I wasn't necessarily saying Dew had a better game plan, just a different one that wasn't on Horse's radar.
    At a very simplistic level, Dew seems to be trying to engage a game plan that Horse moved away from a couple of years ago. He's taken Gold Coast from being a team with speed and outside run but lacking inside grunt to one that emphasises winning the ball in tight but is no longer effective in moving the ball on the outside.

  10. #526
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    If Dew has a superior game plan, and according to some posters here game plan is the magic bullet to success, why are the Suns doing so badly?

    Might it not be the case that footy success results from an interaction of many factors?
    Come on Meg, that's what the Coodabeens call SFT (Sensible Footy Talk). To be avoided at all costs. Wild speculation, simplistic solutions, paranoid delusions about umpiring bias, and anti-Victorian sentiment is what we need more of.

  11. #527
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Come on Meg, that's what the Coodabeens call SFT (Sensible Footy Talk). To be avoided at all costs. Wild speculation, simplistic solutions, paranoid delusions about umpiring bias, and anti-Victorian sentiment is what we need more of.
    Evidence and facts have no place on RWO!

  12. #528
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    The Gold Coast is now a population of hugely diverse supporters (many moving there who are rusted on fans of other clubs).
    How can any team flourish there?
    It’s still very tough for the Swans to go anywhere near filling the SCG after how many years... 37 ?
    +1. It's a little similar to the Tassie situation at the moment. Any fans of AFL already have teams that they support and a "home team" isn't going to change that loyalty. Add to that the go-home factor and it's a recipe for disaster.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO