Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Would also explain why they prefer Horse over Clarko seeing as the Hawks have minimal young talent too.
    I don't buy that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I don't buy that at all.
    I hope you are correct. I really am optimistic about our next tier coming through and would hate for them to leave more than the thought of losing the coach.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Out of interest, what do you think nick Blakey would be worth on the open market right now. In thinking upward of $600k p.a.
    He's probably shown more in his first year than Tom Boyd did in his first year, and Tom ended up with $1 million p.a. for 7 years. A lot of Tom's contract was circumstantial/potential etc. - I'd say it's reasonable that a team would offer Nick at least $600k p.a. per season, for about 4 seasons, to leave.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    I'm sure that North have asked the question of Clarkson. Just like they have spoken to Simpson even though he said a few weeks back that he wasn't interested in leaving the Eagles.

I find it amusing how information leaks so easily out of North. They struggle to keep things a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    That would help protect stupid clubs like North from themselves.
    So you're saying they deserve a trade ban then. That was the reason we got one.

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Given that some of the lower tier coaches are on $350-$450k, I'd be horrified if Horse was on more than $800k, let alone $1.8m
    I suspect that Horse would be on around the $800k mark. I think this is reasonable given that he is a good coach but certainly behind Clarkson and probably behind Chris Scott, Buckley and Simpson.

As others have said he would need to uproot his family for an extra $400k p.a. (After tax) and possibly shorten his career by a considerable amount.

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    OK, lets agree that he is currently on $1m per year, on what basis could we justify almost doubling his already generous salary to $1.8m over a five year term?

Its not just the soft salary cap that's the issue, its finding the additional $4m to fund it.
    Finding the extra $4m isn't the issue. The issue is cutting the footy dept budget by $4m to fit under the soft cap. This would have a massive negative impact on our footy dept. Our medical dept. is I where near as good as it used to be, imagine how much worse it would be after be slashed?

If the soft cap is under pressure because we have to pay off Horse, we might have to cut the production staff for the weekly Injury Update video.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If the soft cap is under pressure because we have to pay off Horse, we might have to cut the production staff for the weekly Injury Update video.
    I think that might be a scary euphemism for the future.
    "What happened to the lighting guy?"
    "I don't know, I think that he was a victim of the soft cap."

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I think that might be a scary euphemism for the future.
    "What happened to the lighting guy?"
    "I don't know, I think that he was a victim of the soft cap."
    🤣😂🤣

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I'm sure that North have asked the question of Clarkson. Just like they have spoken to Simpson even though he said a few weeks back that he wasn't interested in leaving the Eagles.
    Whoops I misheard the Simpson approach last night. It is actually the Eagles list manager Brady Rawlings that North are after to become their football manager. I heard the reporter say "approached by North" and Simpson talking and I put 2 and 2 together and got 5!

I shouldn't cook and watch tv at the same time 😊.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Whoops I misheard the Simpson approach last night. It is actually the Eagles list manager Brady Rawlings that North are after to become their football manager. I heard the reporter say "approached by North" and Simpson talking and I put 2 and 2 together and got 5!

I shouldn't cook and watch tv at the same time 😊.
    I believe they have spoken to Simpson too. I saw him interviewed yesterday and he said he'd fielded an enquiry but told them he wasn't interested.