Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Horse

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    And in BREAKING NEWS, John Longmire blasts Australian selectors for not including NSW spinner Nathan Lyon in the line-up to date for World Cup matches currently being played in England.

‘As a NSW man I know that we are the supreme athletes of this country. Nathan Lyon should be one of the first selected for any cricket team selected to represent Australia’ said Longmire in a wide ranging interview today.

When questioned about his own future, Longmire dismissed speculation about a possible move to coach North Melbourne.

‘What?’ he said. ‘And live in Melbourne???’

http://www.Imadethisupbutitsasgoodas...onsense.com.au
    Great stuff Meg! A golden career in sports journalism awaits you!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    He doesn't have the cattle

He's still got some high level performers (e.g Henderson Breust, Gunston, O'Meara), but even they are struggling with the workload forced on them by the fact that the bottom 12 in their team would be among the worst in the league (let alone their depth outside their best 22)

Having said that, its still a danger game tonight and they're quite capable of beating most teams on their day
    They are definitely capable of beating us on their day. Huge danger game. According to Ugg on another thread Longmire has NEVER beaten Clarko at the SCG. Time to change that!

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    ''Does Clarko have the stomach to do it all again?''

He has stated in an interview this week he is committed until the end of his current contract so i guess that means he has the stomach for it
    I don’t know why but this rumour rings true to me. Wishful thinking maybe?

Former Hawk drops Clarkson to Carlton bombshell

Ben Dixon has dropped a bombshell relating to Hawthorn’s Alastair Clarkson.

The former Hawks forward believes the four-time premiership coach is set to leave the club at the conclusion of this season.

Dixon suggests Clarkson could take over at Carlton...

“He is not in it for another rebuild to build to another flag (at Hawthorn).”

Senior Player

I don't think he's going anywhere, but it would be good for him to officially reject their offer. Are clubs allowed to approach contracted coaches during the regular season?

It is actually against the law to induce someone to break their contract. This law does not seem to apply in sporting circles.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    It is actually against the law to induce someone to break their contract. This law does not seem to apply in sporting circles.

A contract is only as strong as your desire/ability to enforce it. Would the Swans launch an action against NM on this basis if JL decided to leave?

Well it would cause potentially significant economic damage to them so they could recoup those costs through the courts.

Goes up to 11
    If he decides to go, so be it. He is considered pretty fondly as a part of the Roos' recent history, so I don't see how it's that different to how any other club views these 'return of the prodigal son' type situations. Especially when he's proven to be a top shelf coach for a decent period of time now.

Settle petals It’s on thing for North to want him. Many clubs might. It’s another to make an offer. Lots of clubs do that too, North being a club that lives to throw out big bucks to entice the big fish. It’s another thing entirely to land the big fish. North aren’t so good at that.

Let’s just wait & see how this plays out

Longmire is NSW born and bred. And he’s spent longer at the Swans than at NM. If he coaches the Roos it won’t be because he’s ‘returning home’; it’ll be because they give him a bucketful of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post

Which law? Where does it say that?