Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Horse

I was clearly joking. In any case, if we ever had to replace Longmire for any reason (and I hope we don't for a long while yet) I'd be throwing the house at Stewart Dew.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Well, Brad Scott is available...
    Brad Scott would make an excellent coach, and I think he would excel at a powerful established club (rather than a pauper like lolnorf)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I was clearly joking. In any case, if we ever had to replace Longmire for any reason (and I hope we don't for a long while yet) I'd be throwing the house at Stewart Dew.
    Yes.....this is the succession plan the Swans should have been working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Old S.M.Blood View Post
    IF and I say IF Longmire goes to North, WHO coaches The Swans? Do you supporters in Sydney have any inside info if that happens?
    WHO would we Replace him with????
    Donald Trump. Make the Swans great again! He'll build a wall around our defence and make the opposition pay for it! Trump 2020.

I thought Horse had a presser this morning?

And there’s a bit of love for Horse at the moment. Title of the thread is hardly appropriate

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Brad Scott would make an excellent coach, and I think he would excel at a powerful established club (rather than a pauper like lolnorf)
    I'm a bit mystified by the plaudits for Scott.

North have made the top eight 4 times in his nine full seasons. Never higher than 6 and crashed out of finals every time.

His winning % is around 50 for home/away, finals and overall. For home and away games that places him 14th of current coaches, I think.

I know players and staff speak highly of him and he's not had much to work with in terms of players, but the numbers don't scream "great coach" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Agree, that's entirely different to a prediction that Longmire will be at North next year. I don't know if that previous comment was a direct quote from Robinson, or someone paraphrasing what he said above.

Maybe he'd be easier to get than Simpson or Clarkson, maybe not. He seems invested in Sydney. But why the presumption that someone who played for North over a decade ago (in the case of the most recently retired of the three, Simpson) or longer is needed to coach the team.
    The other point, which seems to of been overlooked, is that Horse has teenage children who are going through secondary school, here in Sydney I'm pretty sure.

I doubt uprooting them, at this stage of their schooling, would be an outcome he and his wife would see as a good one.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    I thought Horse had a presser this morning?

And there’s a bit of love for Horse at the moment. Title of the thread is hardly appropriate
    Agree on the title of the thread; pleased it's been changed.

This is what the Swans account tweeted from his presser. In isolation it's not categorical, but it'll be worth listening to the whole thing.

Sydney Swans on Twitter: "Longmire: I haven’t been offered any job, I have a job at Sydney and am contracted here."

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    The other point, which seems to of been overlooked, is that Horse has teenage children who are going through secondary school, here in Sydney I'm pretty sure.

I doubt uprooting them, at this stage of their schooling, would be an outcome he and his wife would see as a good one.
    I mentioned that very post in my earlier comment (post 115 in the thread).

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Agree on the title of the thread; pleased it's been changed.

This is what the Swans account tweeted from his presser. In isolation it's not categorical, but it'll be worth listening to the whole thing.

Sydney Swans on Twitter: "Longmire: I haven’t been offered any job, I have a job at Sydney and am contracted here."
    He’s stated 3 facts. Nothing to gain from that (which is ok)

It’s better than “I’m leaving”

Not as good as “I’m categorically staying until I’m fired”

Reality is, he might not have been offered a job, but could have been given an expression of interest that he is or isn’t considering (his statement doesn’t preclude that). But a bigger reality is he has a draft to prepare for, a season to complete and it will all come out in the wash eventually.

Senior Player
    Very interesting phrasing from Horse when asked directly about the Kanga's role, he didn't say no, he simply said "I'm contracted"

Doesn't sound like its a fait accompli that he'll be our coach next year

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Very interesting phrasing from Horse when asked directly about the Kanga's role, he didn't say no, he simply said "I'm contracted"

Doesn't sound like its a fait accompli that he'll be our coach next year
    I think it implies "End of story."
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)