Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Horse

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Please give me the Swans equivalent of Rioli, Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Gibson, Franklin, Roughhead, Lake and Breust in their prime

- - - Updated - - -

Missed Jordan lewis
    And we had a Lake Oval, should have had Breust, Naismith has a Roughhead, Edelsten signed a Rioli but lost him under the cap, South had a Hodge(s), who gives a Hoot about Gibson. I just wish we had a Burgoyne.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    This
    Just wondering if the success of Clarkson is over? Hawthorn with they little chip kicks (15 meters or less) are now being ignored in their backline. Teams seem happy not to man up on Hawthorn players until the ball reaches the centre of the ground. That when they will play man to man! Teams have woken up. I hope horse has as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Horse

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    And we had a Lake Oval, should have had Breust, Naismith has a Roughhead, Edelsten signed a Rioli but lost him under the cap, South had a Hodge(s), who gives a Hoot about Gibson. I just wish we had a Burgoyne.
    Where’s the ‘like’ button?

I also wonder how much blame Clarko has to shoulder for the state of their list? It’s like the Saints at the end of the Ross Lyon era.

They’ve used what high draft picks they’ve had to trade for players and left themselves in a massive hole. Presumably because Clarko doesn’t want to be involved in a rebuild. Now he’s got no choice.

Compare that to our list. Feels like we are already on the way back up and will be competing in the next year or two.

Does Clarko have the stomach to do it all again?

''Does Clarko have the stomach to do it all again?''

He has stated in an interview this week he is committed until the end of his current contract so i guess that means he has the stomach for it

This is really scraping the bottle of the barrel.

Ricky Ponting backs John Longmire for vacant North Melbourne coaching job

Avid North Melbourne fan and former Australian cricket captain, Ricky Ponting, has urged the Kangaroos to target current Sydney coach John Longmire.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    This is really scraping the bottle of the barrel.

Ricky Ponting backs John Longmire for vacant North Melbourne coaching job

Avid North Melbourne fan and former Australian cricket captain, Ricky Ponting, has urged the Kangaroos to target current Sydney coach John Longmire.
    That is gold!

Horse

And in BREAKING NEWS, John Longmire blasts Australian selectors for not including NSW spinner Nathan Lyon in the line-up to date for World Cup matches currently being played in England.

‘As a NSW man I know that we are the supreme athletes of this country. Nathan Lyon should be one of the first selected for any cricket team selected to represent Australia’ said Longmire in a wide ranging interview today.

When questioned about his own future, Longmire dismissed speculation about a possible move to coach North Melbourne.

‘What?’ he said. ‘And live in Melbourne???’

http://www.Imadethisupbutitsasgoodas...onsense.com.au

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    And in BREAKING NEWS, John Longmire blasts Australian selectors for not including NSW spinner Nathan Lyon in the line-up to date for World Cup matches currently being played in England.

‘As a NSW man I know that we are the supreme athletes of this country. Nathan Lyon should be one of the first selected for any cricket team selected to represent Australia’ said Longmire in a wide ranging interview today.

When questioned about his own future, Longmire dismissed speculation about a possible move to coach North Melbourne.

‘What?’ he said. ‘And live in Melbourne???’

http://www.Imadethisupbutitsasgoodas...onsense.com.au
    PURE GOLD!
    Made me snort and snigger in the train.

Senior Player
    I also wonder how much blame Clarko has to shoulder for the state of their list? It’s like the Saints at the end of the Ross Lyon era.

They’ve used what high draft picks they’ve had to trade for players and left themselves in a massive hole. Presumably because Clarko doesn’t want to be involved in a rebuild. Now he’s got no choice.

Compare that to our list. Feels like we are already on the way back up and will be competing in the next year or two.

Does Clarko have the stomach to do it all again?
    Completely agree, they are now in no mans land due to ignoring the draft over the last decade, but even so I'm sure it was all worth it for the back to back to back

So yes Clarko probably does shoulder the blame for the state of the list, in the same way that he takes the credit for the triple premiership

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Completely agree, they are now in no mans land due to ignoring the draft over the last decade, but even so I'm sure it was all worth it for the back to back to back

So yes Clarko probably does shoulder the blame for the state of the list, in the same way that he takes the credit for the triple premiership
    They have the possibility of going to the draft with a half decent pick (currently 7). Lets see if they actually use it, or trade it away for yet another established player?

Watching the Essendon game (I think the first Hawks game I've watched this year), it actually feels all-of-a-sudden that Clarko is now stuck with the same old gameplan and that other coaches have worked it out. Well 50% that and 50% he doesn't have the players to implement it.

Senior Player
    They have the possibility of going to the draft with a half decent pick (currently 7). Lets see if they actually use it, or trade it away for yet another established player?

Watching the Essendon game (I think the first Hawks game I've watched this year), it actually feels all-of-a-sudden that Clarko is now stuck with the same old gameplan and that other coaches have worked it out. Well 50% that and 50% he doesn't have the players to implement it.
    He doesn't have the cattle

He's still got some high level performers (e.g Henderson Breust, Gunston, O'Meara), but even they are struggling with the workload forced on them by the fact that the bottom 12 in their team would be among the worst in the league (let alone their depth outside their best 22)

Having said that, its still a danger game tonight and they're quite capable of beating most teams on their day