Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Changes for Round VIII v Bombers

Senior Player
    Just my 2 cents worth on the possible ins.

COR was a class above on the weekend against top opposition. To me he is a mid, not a half back, he has a real knack in traffic and he doesn't give up. He needs to be persevered with in the ones.

Clarke was very good at making position and gut running on the weekend, but yes, he is a liability with his disposal, which seems to be in a panic a lot of the time. He may just need some time to settle down because if he can improve his disposal he will be a real asset.

Rowbottom looked very good on the weekend without setting the world on fire. He should get as much senior experience as he doesn't seem to have any big weaknesses in his game.

Stoddart looks good but he is very light and has not filled out. Finds it hard to win a one on one. Would be alright if we were winning the midfield battles but we are not.

Cameron. Knows how to play, is a great mark and a good kick.With Sinclairs form he might be a wise choice in the near future in support of Sinclair.

Rose is the only other one ready to play senior football, one of the fastest in the side and one of the best kicks with a good ability to read the play and kick a goal. Needs to be given a shot in the current circumstances.

I am not criticisng the rest of the seconds players; they are mostly project players who are steadily improving. Probably the closest of the rest would be Pink in the event of us losing another KPP, but not at the moment.

It will depend on the outs but COR would be at the top of the list imho for Cunningham. Rowbotton for Jack (changing of the guard time, love KJ, but its time).Probably Buddy for Blakey otherwise.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Perris for Longmire

Hi guys, I recommend the following changes:

1. COR back pocket and take kick ins.
    2. Move Mills to midfield for next 4-5 games to see if he can make it
    3. Bring in Cameron to ruck, with Sinkers forward- we need 2 ruckmen when we are being smashed in clearances.
    4.Move Lloyd to the wing, otherwise to the NEAFL.
    5. Move Blakey to the wing, otherwise NEAFL.
    6. Stop putting an extra man in defense-we need to attack more and if we lose attacking, so be it.
    7. Play our youngsters to see if they are any good at AFL level: Stodard, Rowbottom and McInerny This season is gone.
    8. Cut out the silly handpasses to a player under pressure- what's the point? Kick the ball if you can't get a handball away to a player who is unguarded-sorry, I forgot you can't kick to a team mate! Oh well..........

I'm assuming there are no AFL standard coaches in this discussion but when we are all saying the same thing, especially as we would all have to be Swans / AFL tragics to be here, surely there has to be something in our observations. Let's hope for the worst, ie Clarke gets picked, Jack stays, Mills plays back etc, and he pleasantly surprised if the match committee finally sees some sense.

If what you say happens RD, we as fans need detailed explanations from the MC, or they should be sacked!!

I'll play.
    It couldn't be any worse.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Butcher Clarke
    Not quite "Torture Chambers" but I think it could well stick.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

I thought Blakey was finding the pace of the game a bit better against Brisbane, so don't want to see him out. I also thought Hewitt showed something a bit different

We are now officially scraping the barrel for defenders.

I'd prefer Rowbottom to Clarke

Reid to play back.

I would like to see Rose and CO'R have a run.

Rampe Melican CO'R
    Mills Aliir Reid

Sinclair Kennedy Jones
    Florent Lloyd Blakey

Papley McCartin Hayward
    Dawson Fox Franklin

I: Parker Rose Rowbottom Thurlow

In: COR, Buddy
    Out: Cunningham, Blakey

I am optimistic they won't recall Clarke so fast and will reward COR. They've seen what Clarke has to offer and, however well he played on the weekend, I doubt he has remedied the reason he was dropped so fast. Buddy a straight swap for Blakey. They won't be dropping Reid. We've got to back him in, hopefully he just needs some match fitness to improve.

I suspect they won't drop the underwhelming Jack either. Kizza wasn't our worst player and he adds more than the replacements in terms of leadership. It's well and good to play the kids but (1) they need to earn their games; and (2) they need some guidance once they get into the seniors and, as former club captain, that is something Kizza provides.

Rowbottom is great but will be in and out of the seniors as he builds to the level to play AFL consistently. Ditto McInerney. Haven't seen enough of the NEAFL to know whether McInerney or Stoddart should be in front of the queue for the similar roles they play. I would have thought the extra year of development would hold Stoddart in good stead. I'm agnostic on the idea of bringing in Cameron to play together with Sinclair. Might depend on the opposition. Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me but not convinced it's necessary either.

I like the idea of a big tall marking target. I remember we won a flag with LRT essentially bringing the ball to the deck and our smalls doing the rest. Sinclair can provide the deep target, freeing buddy to come up the ground a bit, where his field kicking in particular, will be valuable. I don't think Reid is contesting hard enough and perhaps it might be time for him to go back to NEAFL for a bit or play in defence.

- - - Updated - - -

Stoddart looks better than McInerney at the moment. He's showing good pace and better usage of the ball then McInerney.

Warming the Bench
    We need to do something about our ruckman. Since Tippett retired we have really struggled in the ruck especially at home.
    Where not able to nullify the opposition ruck work meaning the ball is not just getting into our defensive 50 it is in the goal square from nearly every centre bounce.
    We like to attack from our half back but we are being force to start from very deep when we get the ball.
    So far we have been fortunate that no team has really utilised the amount of times they have had the ball in their forward 50.
    This week and the game at home against Collingwood could be very scary, we may be closer to a 100 point loss than a win.
    I hope I am wrong but i think we will really struggle to win another game.

Chuckle, our season is gone. We won’t lose by 100 points as we are not that bad, and we play defensive. Our problem is at the other end and
    midfield. This is what our coaches have to work on and solve-surely that’s what they get paid for! We fans can see it, surely they can as well? An extra ruckman is essential while we are rebuilding the midfield as we can’t put all the pressure on poor Sinkers, who does his best week in week out against 2 ruckmen, with the exception of Richmond, who have some gun and experienced smalls.
    We simply must play Cameron, as we have no one else and give him a run of games. No point using either Reid or Allir as this deprives them of their best positions and so disrupts the team. For goodness sake, bite the bullet and build for the future!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast