Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Changes for Round VIII v Bombers

In COR
    Out: Cunningham (inj).

Depending on which Essendon turns up, Swans are a very good chance at a win in this game.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    In COR
    Out: Cunningham (inj).

Depending on which Essendon turns up, Swans are a very good chance at a win in this game.
    I think so too. Essendon off a five day break, bizarrely.

Senior Player
    RE: Cameron

This year is probably his last chance on the list so we need to see if he can stand up to senior AFL level or not. If we aren't going to give him a chance when we are sitting on the bottom of the ladder then we never will. I just don't see why we wouldn't try him out to see how he (and the 2 ruck set up) performs. Plus its a long season and I think Sinclair could do with a chop out.

Blakey is the one who should be omitted for him. He has a great future but is offering very little at senior level at the moment. Many have argued that we should be getting senior games into him while we are in a development year, I'd counter that by saying that he's a skinny key position player with a history of injuries, playing under developed key position players too early can end in tears.

I doubt it will happen this week, but I think the MC can afford a few calculated risks

- - - Updated - - -

Other changes:

Ins: COR and Rose
    Outs: Harry and Jack

Veterans List
    Season is shot so now is the perfect opportunity to try fringe players before we need to make an end of season call on them.

MC will just go with same old, same old :-(

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    OUT: Cunningham, Blakey, Jack
    IN: COR, Buddy, Rose
    I fear like most that Clarke will be recalled.
    Hearing Buddy and Papley no certainty to come up this week, despite club saying the contrary with Buddy after missing last week. As a result, my updated changes:

OUT: Cunningham, Blakey, Jack, Papley
    IN: COR, Cameron, Rose, Rowbottom.

Predicting though Clarke will come in the expense of Rowbottom.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Hearing Buddy and Papley no certainty to come up this week, despite club saying the contrary with Buddy after missing last week. As a result, my updated changes:

OUT: Cunningham, Blakey, Jack, Papley
    IN: COR, Cameron, Rose, Rowbottom.

Predicting though Clarke will come in the expense of Rowbottom.

I'm willing to wager a fair bit that Cameron won't be in the side the coaches name tonight. Not unless Sinclair trips over a gutter or chain on Driver Avenue.

Agree

If Sinclair is dominating Cameron at training why would they pick Cameron in the snr team ?

We need someone to help Sinkers, so our mids may get an extra split second every now and then. This will/should result in more inside 50’s which we need to push our scoring upwards of 60-70 points.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Agree

If Sinclair is dominating Cameron at training why would they pick Cameron in the snr team ?
    I assume that's just a hypothetical?

If that was the case its still not a reason to not pick him. Firstly, I'd expect that an experienced senior ruckman with 6-7 years at AFL level would dominate against a junior. Secondly, every ruckman is unique and some match up better against others, doesn't mean that Cameron couldn't compete at senior level.

Its probably a moot point anyway as despite Horse's love of ruckmen, he doesn't seem inclined to play 2 unless one of them is named Naismith

Reports that Joe Daniher is in doubt for tomorrow night.

I want to defend the selection of Jack (if it happens, which is highly likely if Buddy and Papley are out). People calling for this are saying we need to blood the youngsters, the players who will be around for our next flag. In so saying they are overlooking the fact that we are already doing this - thanks to the injuries to Grundy, Smith, McVeigh, Buddy etc. we haven't had a choice. However, it is important to have more experienced players out there to guide and teach the younger players onfield, especially if those most experienced players will not be around after this season. I think this is being undervalued. If Buddy isn't coming back then we benefit from an experienced leader in the front half (I'm not counting Reid as fitting that description). And if Papley is also not going to play, then that is even more true. No doubt Jack's form has been disappointing, and he can't get a free pass forever, but, if the match committee select him, I get it.

Warming the Bench
    How did Fox go last week against the Lions?

Will he retain his spot?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast