Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Changes for Round VIII v Bombers

Senior Player

Team Changes for Round VIII v Bombers

I'm moving on.

OUT: Cunningham, Jack, Blakey
    IN: O'Riordan, Stoddart, Franklin

I understand the theory behind playing Kieren - older player providing leadership and steadiness to young team - but he's not playing well and is effectively taking the spot of a developing player. ROK was playing at a higher level when demoted, and I know the circumstances are different, but it's a precedent for the good of the team trumping sentiment.

Cunningham has been, with Rampe and Joey, among our best players this year and so his absence will hurt. But it must give O'Riordan a shot at it. I will be aggrieved if Clarke comes in instead.

Let's get Stoddart in to give us some pop in transition and long kicking. I know he's not going to solve our contested ball problems but he might help us get it out of the stoppages and spread it.

Blakey shows glimpses, but is a bit slight and too much is being expected of him. I'd like to see him build touch in the NEAFL.

Based on what MC has done so far this year :

Out: Cunnimgham, Blakey
    In: Franklin, Clarke

However in my rusted on supporter mode:

Out: Cunningham, Reid, Heeney (must be injured playing that bad)
    In: Franklin, Cameron, COR

Regular in the Side
    Out Match Selection Committee, In RWO Selection Committee. Could not do worse than the current lot though would need access to accurate injury details which are NOT provided to the AFL website.

Ins: Cameron COR Franklin Stoddart
    Outs: Reid Cunningham Blakey Jack
    Cameron to ruck, Sinclair tall marking forward. COR take Mills spot, Stoddart replace Harry, Mills play mid, Parker/Heeney play Jack's forward position. Buddy straight in for Blakey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Ins: Cameron COR Franklin Stoddart
    Outs: Reid Cunningham Blakey Jack
    Cameron to ruck, Sinclair tall marking forward. COR take Mills spot, Stoddart replace Harry, Mills play mid, Parker/Heeney play Jack's forward position. Buddy straight in for Blakey.
    Those are all eminently sensible suggestions. However, I think it's highly unlikely they'll drop Reid, despite his being unbelievably underwhelming this year. 8 disposals and 8 tackles yesterday. Perhaps they've given him the Gary Rohan role?

Not sure quite what Cameron or COR need to do to get a game.

I'm just praying that we don't see Jack or Clarke in the side for quite some time.

OUTS: Cunningham, Jack, Blakey
    IN: COR, Buddy, Stoddart
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 5th May 2019 at 07:49 PM.

Veterans List
    Was walking passed a group of Essendon supporters after the Geelong game today and heard the following conversation.

"Who do we play next week?"
    "The swans".
    "In Sydney?"
    "Yes"
    "We should win that."
    "Yeah the swans are poo."
    "Yeah they are really bad."

It's been awhile since we've been spoken about like that...but unfortunately they're not wrong 😞.

They did worry about Buddy though because he loves playing against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Those are all eminently sensible suggestions. However, I think it's highly unlikely they'll drop Reid, despite his been unbelievably underwhelming this year. 8 disposals and 8 tackles yesterday. Perhaps they've given him the Gary Rohan role?

Not sure quite what Cameron or COR need to do to get a game.

I'm just praying that we don't see Jack or Clarke in the side for quite some time.

OUTS: Cunningham, Jack, Blakey
    IN: COR, Buddy, Stoddart
    Things are not good when losing Harry C is seen as a big blow, but I reckon he's been pretty solid. He will be missed.

I wouldn't drop Blakey.

Jack? Probably yes, but don't think it will happen.

I think Clarke will get a run this week.

As for what Darcy & COR need to do… IDK, but they're not exactly knocking the door down, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Things are not good when losing Harry C is seen as a big blow, but I reckon he's been pretty solid. He will be missed.

I wouldn't drop Blakey.

As for what Darcy & COR need to do… IDK, but they're not exactly knocking the door down, right?
    COR has been in the bests every week I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post

I wouldn't drop Blakey.

I suspect you are correct in what the match committee is going to do. Clarke in for Harry, Buddy in for McCartain or Blakey. The problem with this is that these selections, coupled with the same game plan, will send the message that the coaches do not acknowledge anything needs to be done and are just paying lip service to the notion that a rebuild is required. If they think the return of our ageing and/or busted stars ( Reg, Macca, Smith, Naismith, Menzel) will fix things, they are deluded. The ultimate aim is to win a flag and supporters are happy to cop losses if they can see that the club is working towards this, even if it's in the long term.

Veterans List
    Still mopping up my spew from last week when the MC managed to not pick COR. Loading up for another big spew when they do the same this week and instead of correctly bringing in COR they bring in butcher Clarke instead.

On a good note I managed to get a decent bet on Essendon yesterday at $1.65 before the bookies woke up and wound them in to $1.40 ish later on. Early betting often gives generous odds.

OUT: Cunningham, Blakey, Jack
    IN: COR, Buddy, Rose
    I fear like most that Clarke will be recalled.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    OUT: Cunningham, Blakey, Jack
    IN: COR, Buddy, Rose
    I fear like most that Clarke will be recalled.
    Do the coaches not see him butchering the ball week in, week out?

We want quality, not quantity! Don't they too?

I'd go OUT: Cunningham, Jack

IN: Buddy, COR.

If they don't select COR this week, I wouldn't blame him if he instructed his manager to start putting the 'feelers' out.....

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast