Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round IX North

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Jack will probably be given the week off to recover from the head knock he got early in the game. Everyone seems to have missed that, saying he was very quiet etc. Well, there was a reason for it.

I thought he was very lively in the first quarter.....he looked like the Kizza of old. It was a real pity he got that head knock I reckon.....
    I thought he was quite "sprightly" for a gent of his age in the first quarter too. Horsed was asked about the concussion in his presser and said that Jack was tested and passed the test... Longmire implied that it was a non-issue, but Kizza seemed not to play well after, barely touched the ball, gave away free kicks etc.

My comment about dropping him was based on taking Horse at face value i.e. his performance was unaffected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I'm at the North game today so I'll be able to keep an eye on their players and their game style.

Eddie McGuire walked near me but I resisted the urge and I kept quiet.
    You should have tossed a handful of coins at him followed by a King Kong reference. He is an absolute menace to society and should be slapped at every opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    A very even team effort but Reid and Jack had minimal impact. With McCartain's and Blakey's impact, Reid's place in the team is not a given. I wonder whether he needs to be converted to a key position defender. This potentially would free Rampe to provide run out of defence. Anyway my preliminary thoughts on next week's team selections are:
    Outs: Jack Reid
    Ins: Rowbottom Franklin
    Absolutely.What a waste of money he has been, injuries accepted.What is he on 600k ? Defender until he gets injured again. Can take a mark so should be able to punch and like a good defender cant kick straight for @@@@.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumarangk View Post
    Absolutely.What a waste of money he has been, injuries accepted.What is he on 600k ? Defender until he gets injured again. Can take a mark so should be able to punch and like a good defender cant kick straight for @@@@.
    Rampe is such a penetrating kick and has good run and carry. We don't see it much because he's always taking the opposition's number 1 forward. With Maibaum and Grundy injured and the emergence of McCartain and Blakey, I think it makes sense to at least try Reid in defence. At very least he could get the ball to ground - I would back Rampe to win it at ground level too, he's as tough (and as stupid at times!) as nails.

Veterans List
    Probably no change but KJ must be close to being dropped, giving us very little week after week, stats very similar to the game he didn't play :-)

Warming the Bench
    Rampe out for being stupid.
    He is very lucky we didn't lose the game for what he did.
    He has never been my favorite player but that was just a complete brain fade.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Rampe is such a penetrating kick and has good run and carry. We don't see it much because he's always taking the opposition's number 1 forward. With Maibaum and Grundy injured and the emergence of McCartain and Blakey, I think it makes sense to at least try Reid in defence. At very least he could get the ball to ground - I would back Rampe to win it at ground level too, he's as tough (and as stupid at times!) as nails.
    Reid stays (providing he is fit) as he has been providing back up to Sinclair in the ruck and provides a reasonable contest. Allir had a run as ruck, which weakens the defence.

Buddy comes in for Jack and plays on a wing or high half forward, delivering the ball into McCartin, Blakey, Reid or Parker.
    sprite

I'm going down so I'll be available to play.
    I'll just wait for my phone call from Horse.
    Allegedly, everyone else got one last week... I didn't.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Buddy Menzel for Jack and fox
    Could see Clarke come in the play his old side

Menzel is fit has to play, dont waste games in Neafl and pushes Hayward up the ground

Reid to the backline.

In: Buddy
    Out: Melican

Veterans List
    Menzel not ready, only played 70 minutes on the weekend, has to have a minimum of one full NEAFL game before being considered. You can't take limited minute players into a senior game in case of an early game ending injury to a player.

i reckon Heeney rested

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast