Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round IX North

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    i reckon Heeney rested
    Maybe. Horse doesn't like to rest players, so they'd call him injured.

Senior Player
    i reckon Heeney rested
    Agree with this. Love the club but a flaw we have is playing injured players. Maybe they've learnt their lesson with Buddy but clearly Hanneberry was not fit last year and Jack has often played injured. No need for heroics- just wait till a player is match fit. Also, Mills and McVeigh should not have played in 2016 GF. Irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Reid to the backline.

In: Buddy
    Out: Melican
    Really ?? I thought melican played his best game for the year against the dons. Looked much closer to the 2017 version than he has in previous games. If he starts hitting his straps we’llbut a much better side for it. Would rather drop Reid to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buddy Menzel for Jack and fox
    Could see Clarke come in the play his old side

Menzel is fit has to play, dont waste games in Neafl and pushes Hayward up the ground
    I thought Menzel might sneak in too, but Horse said yesterday he needs more time in the NEAFL. Fox did a really good defensive job on Saad when we played the Bombers, so I think he stays.

Going to be an interesting selection as there are 3 players with possible injuries (Reid, KJ, Heeney), Buddy a question mark, not that many knocking down the door. And you'd think this would be a game we give ourselves a good chance to win.

I'm torn about KJ as he did seem to play better before his (non-concussion-causing) head knock.

IN: anyone but Clarke
    OUT: one injured player

Or if they play Clarke let him get his own inside ball and stay on the ground for 90%
    NEAFL is a fairway back but 47 and 40 are going to get hard to ignore
    Good match up for Cunnington

Leave Jack out, we dont need him to play more than 15 games

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Really ?? I thought melican played his best game for the year against the dons. Looked much closer to the 2017 version than he has in previous games. If he starts hitting his straps we’llbut a much better side for it. Would rather drop Reid to be honest
    Agree. Harking back to his stellar 2017 form, Melican is a lock for the remainder of the season IMO. He was pretty good on Friday and is improving with every game.

[QUOTE=Also, Mills and McVeigh should not have played in 2016 GF. Irrational.[/QUOTE]

+1

Or if they play Clarke let him get his own inside ball and stay on the ground for 90%
    NEAFL is a fairway back but 47 and 40 are going to get hard to ignore
    Good match up for Cunnington

Leave Jack out, we dont need him to play more than 15 games
    If Clarke could tag and free Hewett up, that could work.

Veterans List
    Has there been any news about Reid? I haven't seen anything about his injury. Hopefully this is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Agree. Harking back to his stellar 2017 form, Melican is a lock for the remainder of the season IMO. He was pretty good on Friday and is improving with every game.
    Horse also made mention of him and Aliir as the future of our backline in his post-game press conference. Melican will make mistakes but if he is our future then he needs to play against the likes of Ben Brown now to continue his development.

Personally, I'd like to see Rowbottom back in the team in place of Jack especially if Buddy returns and replaces Jack's forward half experience. Fox is probably the unlucky one out for Buddy.

In: Buddy, Rowbottom
    Out: Jack, Fox

Veterans List
    Ben Brown, forgot he plays for LOLNorf. So we have to watch two hours of him flopping around milking frees because the umps hate Rampe, then we have to watch his 100 metre galloping giraffe run up for goal - spare me!

Only changes will be injury forced, reckon they give Buddy another week and avoid the flights. As much as we don't want it, Clarke has numbers far above anyone else the last two weeks.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Has there been any news about Reid? I haven't seen anything about his injury. Hopefully this is good news.
    Reid "expected to line up" to get up for North. Franklin not.

Franklin unlikely to face North - sydneyswans.com.au

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast