Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round IX North

No buddy.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Reid "expected to line up" to get up for North. Franklin not.

Franklin unlikely to face North - sydneyswans.com.au
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I think it happened like this:

In the last quarter with 7:05 to go Sam contested a pack mark that resulted in Hayward’s pickpocket goal. Watching it frame at a time he lands on his left leg but proceeds to fall initially onto his left hip before rolling onto his back. At 6:28 to go, Reid can be seen in the corner of the shot rubbing his left hip. 6:16 to go he is rubbing the front of the top of his thigh a few seconds later he is positioned toward the centre of the ground walking ok but looking like he wants to come off, but a second later a close up shows him with a flexed posture at his hips (often implicating a groin or hip flexor). 6:02 to go and Jude commentates that “Sam Reid is coming off, hobbling”. 5:44 to go seen supine on the boundary with Matt Cameron starting to asses what looks to be either at or just anterior/forward of his greater trochanter - looking potentially like a contusion/“corky” rather than a strain of the hip flexor. The trochanter is quite superficial, and prone to contusions if you land on them. The bursa can or ITB can be easily irritated. At 4:24 to go in the last quarter they cut to Sam laying in his right side and using what looks to be a handheld massage machine on the greater trochanter of the left hip. 4:08 Reid on the boundary rubbing his own proximal lateral thigh at (just) above the greater trochanter while abducting/externally rotating a little. 0:19 seconds to go he is standing & walking boundary side (though he promptly sits). Standing again after the siren. Walking onto the ground ok after the final miss. No noticeable antalgic gait, no ice, no crutches (but they wouldn’t have had much time to bother with that during a frenetic finish). So I’d hypothesise a mild contusion (based on about 10-15 seconds of scrutinised footage - for what that’s worth, which isn’t a lot but it was at least fun attempting to diagnose).
    RWO was already onto that a week ago

Senior Player
    Unlike others I haven't written off Clarke, however I'd still like to see him spend a month in the NEAFL racking up the numbers and gaining confidence before bringing him back. As an aside I'm astounded that he's got this far through the system without being able to handball properly!!!

My changes for this week:

In: Rose
    Out: Jack

Predicted changes:

No Change

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Unlike others I haven't written off Clarke, however I'd still like to see him spend a month in the NEAFL racking up the numbers and gaining confidence before bringing him back. As an aside I'm astounded that he's got this far through the system without being able to handball properly!!!

Predicted changes:

No Change
    +1

Also who did Mills and McVeigh come in for for the 2016 GF? Marsh and?

Veterans List

Predicted changes:

No Change
    I remember in one of the preseason games Healy commented on how bad Clarke's handballing technique was and now every time he does a handball I can't stop noticing it!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    +1

Also who did Mills and McVeigh come in for for the 2016 GF? Marsh and?
    Maybe Aliir? He got injured in the prelim.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Maybe Aliir? He got injured in the prelim.
    Correct

Pushing for Selection
    Buddy out this week Chanel 7 Melb Tim Watson.

If Jack gets up from head knock and Heeney and Paps don't need a rest, there will be no change. I think I've let my opinion on Jack known so won't revisit that again..............

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old S.M.Blood View Post
    Buddy out this week Chanel 7 Melb Tim Watson.
    If correct, it gives everyone another opportunity to watch Blakey and McCartin working in tandem
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    If correct, it gives everyone another opportunity to watch Blakey and McCartin working in tandem
    Now that's what I call better times coming!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Predicted changes:

No Change
    Agree all round.

It's time to give Rose a decent go at it....3 - 4 games minimum.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast