Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round IX North

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Agree all round.

It's time to give Rose a decent go at it....3 - 4 games minimum.
    And as a midfielder, not hiding in the forward pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    And as a midfielder, not hiding in the forward pocket.
    Rose has got a great skill set. He's fast, has a beautiful boot and a full kit bag of tricks. If he could somehow improve his decision making and overall attention span, he could be amazing.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Rowbottom for Jack

Emg Ronke Rose McInerney Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Rowbottom for Jack

Emg Ronke Rose McInerney Clarke
    Injured or omitted?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Omitted I think

Veteran Site Admin
    Nah. "Didn't come up" according to Longmire. Interestingly he was vague about what he didn't come up from. I guess it is the lingering effects of the head knock but the club is in a difficult position if they acknowledge that, given he went back on the ground.

Sounds like an easy, media free, way to slide Jack out of the team....Happy with that.

I really hope Rose is given a decent go it over the coming weeks.

Having said that, I'm a big Rowbottom fan...IMO he's going to be a midfield gem, so getting some early games into him is an excellent outcome.

As an aside...The weather forecast for Hobart is fabulous...18ยบ, partly cloudy , light winds
    Last edited by ernie koala; 16th May 2019 at 08:04 PM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I quite like that team. I think that Rowbottom can definitely handle the promotion. Also it's nice to have some stability. Especially after a win; as confidence should be up, which hopefully will translate into better combinations and skills.

Veterans List
    Gold Passes out, youth in. It's what we should be doing in this "transition" year, happy with that.

NEAFL bye so can take a few emergencies, just in case.....

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Nah. "Didn't come up" according to Longmire. Interestingly he was vague about what he didn't come up from. I guess it is the lingering effects of the head knock but the club is in a difficult position if they acknowledge that, given he went back on the ground.
    It's a very mysterious injury given that Horse was adamant after the game that Kizza wasn't concussed and passed the test. But a convenient one, and I don't think there will be a lot of objections that he's not playing on Saturday.

Good to see Rowbottom in, this would have to make us the youngest side again on the weekend.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Sounds like an easy, media free, way to slide Jack out of the team....Happy with that.
    Me to.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    It's a very mysterious injury given that Horse was adamant after the game that Kizza wasn't concussed and passed the test. But a convenient one, and I don't think there will be a lot of objections that he's not playing on Saturday.

Good to see Rowbottom in, this would have to make us the youngest side again on the weekend.
    To be fair, passing a concussion test performed shortly after the incident doesn't preclude him later showing signs of concussion. As is often reported, concussion is not always immediately apparent. You have to wonder if anyone noticed his output disappeared after a very productive opening quarter and thought to reconfirm whether he was affected by the knock. I guess you have to give them the benefit of the doubt that the medics continued to monitor his obvious signs of well-being, even after he passed the initial test. And the coaches were likely too preoccupied with the tight contest to have time to wonder.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast