Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Changes for round IX North

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Melican is better suited physically, but he's getting burned on the lead this year.
    To be fair, it is very difficult to defend against players who know how to make well timed leads, especially when they are allowed space to lead into and insufficient pressure is applied up the ground to limit the opposition's ability to honour those leads and kick to advantage. The most effective defensive strategy requires the entire defensive unit to block the space that the forward wants to lead into.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    To be fair, it is very difficult to defend against players who know how to make well timed leads, especially when they are allowed space to lead into and insufficient pressure is applied up the ground to limit the opposition's ability to honour those leads and kick to advantage. The most effective defensive strategy requires the entire defensive unit to block the space that the forward wants to lead into.
    Yes, our defensive organisation isn't awesome, but it'll come. Melican was better last week. I'm pretty optimistic regarding him generally. But I'm a bit nervous Brown's strong lead, high mark might be too much at the moment.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yes, our defensive organisation isn't awesome, but it'll come. Melican was better last week. I'm pretty optimistic regarding him generally. But I'm a bit nervous Brown's strong lead, high mark might be too much at the moment.
    Our defence has been ok this year, considering the flood of inside 50s against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Just saw them all at Hobart airport. No Joey. Ryan Clarke looks to be the extra traveller.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Clarke in for Joey as I said yesterday.

Today's a draft of your epitaph

Could be the making of Clarke and a few of our other young midfielders

Veterans List
    Just saw them all at Hobart airport. No Joey. Ryan Clarke looks to be the extra traveller.

Well spotted. When I read your post yesterday I was worried that Kennedy wouldn't be playing.

Veterans List
    Clarke in for Joey as I said yesterday.
    Nice work Doc, 24 hours early :-)

[QUOTE=Doctor;774765]Just saw them all at Hobart airport. No Joey. Ryan Clarke.

Well done you super sleuth!

Thanks guys!

Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678