Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 9 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I thought Beveridge was a bit over the top calling Boyd a bulldogs legend.
    As time passes, Bevo is proving that he is a bit of a tool.

I can't stand the commentators barracking for Melbourne and sad they lost. FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I can't stand the commentators barracking for Melbourne and sad they lost. FFS.
    I turned on the match and watched the fourth quarter. My wife wasn't paying any attention, but asked who we were barracking for. I replied West Coast. Any non-Vic team when they're playing a Vic team. There were three highlights for me (as my missus will only watch the Swans out of love for me). Seeing Lewis Jetta play (we still love the Jets), Ryan's mark over Gawn and watching West Coast get the win.

Hope our boys are switched on today, win the contested ball and hunt those Roos.

Lewis Jetta might be in trouble with the MRO for that dangerous tackle in front of the Melbourne goals which ended up with the Melbourne player’s head being thumped into the ground. (But no free kick paid.)

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Lewis Jetta might be in trouble with the MRO for that dangerous tackle in front of the Melbourne goals which ended up with the Melbourne player’s head being thumped into the ground. (But no free kick paid.)
    If you believe lingy and BT, yes. But I don't think there was much of a slinging action.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If you believe lingy and BT, yes. But I don't think there was much of a slinging action.
    Pity we couldn't keep Lewis. He could have solved our lack of run and precise kicking coming out of defence. He is a brilliant, penetrating kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I didn't see that, but I thought that his new, shaved to the point of baldness, hairstyle, actually quite suited him.

The Lions v Crows match has been enjoyable. High pressure and plenty of tough contests; with the Lions looking like they're going to put the game away, only for the Crows to keep on mounting mini comebacks.

On the veteran's list
    Back to Western Bulldogs. On Jon Faine's ABC program yesterday, president Peter Gordon does his tips. A discussion about Rampe moved into umpiring and of course Gordon said it was a free kick. He then brought up, unsolicited, the umpiring of the 2016 GF and mentioned that Bulldogs might have got the "rub of the green" but that's the way it goes and that "what goes around comes around"! Not sure if he was comparing having a grand final stolen being equivalent to being lucky to win a game to take the team to 2-6 or not. Or maybe he means next time we play WB in a GF we might get "the rub of the green".

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Back to Western Bulldogs. On Jon Faine's ABC program yesterday, president Peter Gordon does his tips. A discussion about Rampe moved into umpiring and of course Gordon said it was a free kick. He then brought up, unsolicited, the umpiring of the 2016 GF and mentioned that Bulldogs might have got the "rub of the green" but that's the way it goes and that "what goes around comes around"! Not sure if he was comparing having a grand final stolen being equivalent to being lucky to win a game to take the team to 2-6 or not. Or maybe he means next time we play WB in a GF we might get "the rub of the green".
    Wow!! Someone from the club actually admitted that perhaps they just possibly had a smidgeon of good fortune! Maybe!
    It's quite an admission, actually.
    I'm glad that Dane getting away with climbing the goalpost has now atoned for the dud deal we got in the 2016 GF.
    I am now completely at peace with it!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Pity we couldn't keep Lewis. He could have solved our lack of run and precise kicking coming out of defence. He is a brilliant, penetrating kick.
    It is a joy to watch Lewis and yes, every time I see him pinpoint a team mate from 50 - 60 metres, I dearly wish he was still ours.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I didn't see that, but I thought that his new, shaved to the point of baldness, hairstyle, actually quite suited him.
    Did you see the pic of him sort of half way there with what he called 'old man hair' or 'Grandad Jetta', with hair on the sides and none on top? Sitting there with Willie Rioli pointing at him and Lewis with a "What?!" facial expression. Funny as!

Found it.....click on this: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxcGxsKg...s%22%3A6938%7D
    Last edited by stevoswan; 18th May 2019 at 07:29 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast