Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 9 Weekly Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Did you see the pic of him sort of half way there with what he called 'old man hair' or 'Grandad Jetta', with hair on the sides and none on top? Sitting there with Willie Rioli pointing at him and Lewis with a "What?!" facial expression. Funny as!

Found it.....click on this: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxcGxsKg...s%22%3A6938%7D
    Charity fundraiser?

Senior Player
    Carlton trailing GWS 87-13 at halftime. Bolton's last game?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Carlton trailing GWS 87-13 at halftime. Bolton's last game?
    Could well be....certainly a tragic tale unfolding for Blues fans up there at the moment. Disposals 256 - 141, Inside 50's 40 - 13, Clearances 26 - 13 ...... a debacle.

And Marc Murphy sent to hospital with suspected broken rib after heavy hit by Mumford.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    And Marc Murphy sent to hospital with suspected broken rib after heavy hit by Mumford.
    Very ordinary act after Murphy got rid of the ball when on the ground. Sunk his knees in by the look of it and should face a long stint on the sidelines.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I couldn't see any "knee sinking" - Murphy was the meat in a sandwich between Kelly and Mumford, and Mummy's knees were below Murphy's body when contact into the Carlton players floating ribs occurred.
    I don't see any issue. On the other hand Mummy's swinging right hand (which didn't do the damage) looked dirty.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I couldn't see any "knee sinking" - Murphy was the meat in a sandwich between Kelly and Mumford, and Mummy's knees were below Murphy's body when contact into the Carlton players floating ribs occurred.
    I don't see any issue. On the other hand Mummy's swinging right hand (which didn't do the damage) looked dirty.
    I agree with you R'nR. I don't think he will have anything to answer for in this instance. No doubt he will have issues in the future due to his aggressive nature.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    I agree with you R'nR. I don't think he will have anything to answer for in this instance. No doubt he will have issues in the future due to his aggressive nature.
    I don't generally mind Mumford. He was after all a premiership player with us, and as I understand it, didn't want to leave.
    But he does seem like a guy fairly intent on hurting opposition players these days, and does it pretty regularly. Was he
    like this when he played for us, I can't remember? As for the Giants, as per usual it's hard to figure where they are at.
    Beating top 4 teams like Geelong & Richmond one week, but then losing to also-rans like Hawthorn & Freo. The game
    was over twenty minutes into the first quarter, and you'd have think if Carlton put in another absolute shocker like
    yesterday, Bolton will get fired. No coach can survive a 10% win rate for long.

Mumford has always been aggressive even when he played for us. I recall one game in which he drove Gary Ablett's head in the turf in a tackle which I think he copped a suspension.
    I feel for Bolton and do believe that Carlton are trending in the right direction except for yesterday's performance. Maybe they should make their mind of replacing him later in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I don't generally mind Mumford. He was after all a premiership player with us, and as I understand it, didn't want to leave.
    But he does seem like a guy fairly intent on hurting opposition players these days, and does it pretty regularly. Was he
    like this when he played for us, I can't remember? As for the Giants, as per usual it's hard to figure where they are at.
    Beating top 4 teams like Geelong & Richmond one week, but then losing to also-rans like Hawthorn & Freo. The game
    was over twenty minutes into the first quarter, and you'd have think if Carlton put in another absolute shocker like
    Giants are a good team with an average coach. Clarkson will always have his measure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Giants are a good team with an average coach. Clarkson will always have his measure.

Bolton will get sacked for sure. I had to laugh on footy classified the other day when Judd said Carlton was still a "big 4" club. Such a massive drawcard got less than 10k on an away trip.

Senior Player
    Yes, it was a pretty poor crowd out there yesterday, about 9,500. But then again as one report said, it was just a Giants
    training session with Carlton flown in to pretend to be the opposition. Somehow though, even with the light on attendance,
    they did manage run out the stadium's famed chick pea & pumpkin pies just after half time. Devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Wow!! Someone from the club actually admitted that perhaps they just possibly had a smidgeon of good fortune! Maybe!
    It's quite an admission, actually.
    I'm glad that Dane getting away with climbing the goalpost has now atoned for the dud deal we got in the 2016 GF.
    I am now completely at peace with it!
    Yeah, I too can live in peace.

The putrid stench of a stitch up at the Swans expense has now evaporated all because of a single free kick that wasn't paid.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast