Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: #AFL Round 9 Kangaroos v Swans Sat 18-May at Blundstone #AFLNorthSwans @sydneyswans

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I usually try to avoid being pedantic, but since you asked, it's, Eleni Glouftsis. And I do agree, she does seem to be a very good umpire.
    Of course now that I've been pedantic, there's bound to a mistake somewhere in my post, that I just can't sea.
    I like Eleni too. Unfortunately she was dropped last week for paying 2 dodgy frees that apparently allowed the Eagles to kick goals against the Saints. It's amazing how they never drop the more experienced umpires when they have bad games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I wasn't at the game so I don't know if he took the full 30 seconds before he started his run up. But you are right they could have used those extra seconds at the end of the game!
    Must take Brown 30 seconds to walk back to the spot where he begins his walk-up!

A flurry of stats about the Swans side that beat North on Saturday.

Swans by the numbers: Cygnets shine - sydneyswans.com.au

The youngest side the club has fielded since Round 8, 1997
    The youngest Swans winning team since Round 4, 1994
    The total experience of the Swans side on Saturday of 1397 AFL games (average 62.6 games) was the lowest since teams increased from 21 players to 22 players in 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I like Eleni too. Unfortunately she was dropped last week for paying 2 dodgy frees that apparently allowed the Eagles to kick goals against the Saints. It's amazing how they never drop the more experienced umpires when they have bad games.
    Yes Mel. How true. Umpires are human and yes they do make mistakes. Imagine what would happen if players get dropped every time they make a mistake or 2.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Thinking about Ben Brown and his ludicrous walk-up when kicking a set shot for goal, the protected area that opposition players have to stay out must be huge.
    Except for the man on the mark, the rest of the team have to sit on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Except for the man on the mark, the rest of the team have to sit on the bench.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    A flurry of stats about the Swans side that beat North on Saturday.

Swans by the numbers: Cygnets shine - sydneyswans.com.au

The youngest side the club has fielded since Round 8, 1997
    The youngest Swans winning team since Round 4, 1994
    The total experience of the Swans side on Saturday of 1397 AFL games (average 62.6 games) was the lowest since teams increased from 21 players to 22 players in 1998
    Wow, double wow and triple wow!
    Amazing stats!
    Go you mighty Cygnets!!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516