Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 9 Kangaroos v Swans Sat 18-May at Blundstone #AFLNorthSwans @sydneyswans

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Blundstone has a capacity of close to 20,000. Will it be full? And how parochial will the crowd be - are Hobartians rusted on North supporters or just interested AFL watchers?

One reason I ask is that I gather from BF that some North supporters are waiting for Nick Blakey with verbal baseball bats. Pretty poor if a 19yo is comprehensively booed every time he goes near the ball. As we know, North supporters have history in targeted booing.
    Did this end up happening?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    It should have been a free. Sinclair pulled Goldstein jumper by. Nearly a foot. Fortunately, I think the ump was in the wrong position to see it.
    Meaning we got favoured by a bad non decision and had a win.....we are so owed over years of inexcusable non decisions and in turn, matches lost because of them, including a GF. I hope no Swans fan feels bad about this.....we deserved that non decision.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post

As you might have guessed, I'm over the moon.
    Yes, I've been waiting for that.....and for the sake of the mod's, I'll say no more.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Longmire said before the game it was a quad injury. Reading between the lines they didn't want to risk him this week so hopefully he will be ok next week. But who knows!

It's the other way around. When the swans lose the liberals win. So I was very worried at the end because the liberals are going to win.
    For the record, it was the first time that the Swans' fortunes on a Federal Election day differed from the Labor Party's, since 1943, some 76 years ago.

ALP/Swans
    1913 Loss/Won
    1943 Won/Loss
    1951 Loss/Loss
    1954 Loss/Loss
    1974 Won/Won
    2010 Won/Won
    2013 Loss/Loss
    2016 Loss/Loss
    2019 Loss/Won

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    For the record, it was the first time that the Swans' fortunes on a Federal Election day differed from the Labor Party's, since 1943, some 76 years ago.

ALP/Swans
    1913 Loss/Won
    1943 Won/Loss
    1951 Loss/Loss
    1954 Loss/Loss
    1974 Won/Won
    2010 Won/Won
    2013 Loss/Loss
    2016 Loss/Loss
    2019 Loss/Won
    So were we meant to lose?, or was Labor meant to win?. It's a quandary, isn't it? But then again, it's Tasmania.
    Anything goes down there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    At the time I was yelling at the TV abusing Thompson when he did that. I though he was a bully towards the first year kid and he did really well to stand up to him. He wouldn't have done that to Buddy.
    At least twice Thompson tackled one of our players to the ground, once they had crossed the boundary line.
    Many times that is a free kick. Not on Sat Night.

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    Did this end up happening?
    Without checking the replay, I think that there was a small amount of booing Blakey, but it was only really in the first quarter and it gradually petered out.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    At least twice Thompson tackled one of our players to the ground, once they had crossed the boundary line.
    He also tried to force Blakey over the boundary fence, for no good reason. Probably worthy of a free.
    Though I was pleased to be on the winning side of the free kick count. I suspect that us winning the frees, is more likely happen when Ray Chamberlain is umpiring, but I haven't tried to confirm that.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Yeah, the physicality by all players, ours included, towards opposition players as they chase the ball over the boundary line annoys me. Jones hamstring injury is the result of a quite unnecessary push by a North player to give Jones a hurry-up over the boundary line.

The shinboners like a punch-up, don't they.
    I saw them (and the swans) at the airport the following morning... the blue camp were pretty blue!!
    You've gotta love heart-attack footy.
    What a great game. I had no radio commentary, so had no idea how long we had to go at the 34 minute mark of the final quarter.
    Only we can give up a 30 point lead.

I DO have a question about the 30 second countdown to kick for goal... do you have 30 seconds to get rid of the ball, i.e. the ball must touch your boot within and up to the 30 second mark, or is it 30 seconds to start your run in from centre half-back? If it's the former... the shinboners tended to wait until the 30 seconds has passed before they even looked like starting to kick.
    Can you imagine the umpire blowing the whistle and saying, you've taken too long and handing the ball over to the defence? I'd like to see that happen.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    And the cheer squad put in their 5 cents worth:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...20-p51paf.html
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    And the cheer squad put in their 5 cents worth:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...20-p51paf.html
    We were waaaayyyyyyy too far away to see that.
    Hilarious.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.