Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 9 Kangaroos v Swans Sat 18-May at Blundstone #AFLNorthSwans @sydneyswans

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

#AFL Round 9 Kangaroos v Swans Sat 18-May at Blundstone #AFLNorthSwans @sydneyswans

North Melbourne (17th) v Sydney (16th)
    Saturday 18th May 7:25pm
    Blundstone Arena

North Melbourne

B: 34. Jamie Macmillan, 25. Robbie Tarrant, 2. Marley Williams
    HB: 18. Shaun Atley, 16. Scott D. Thompson, 17. Jasper Pittard
    C: 14. Trent Dumont, 10. Ben Cunnington, 13. Jared Polec
    HF: 26. Tarryn Thomas, 20. Nick Larkey, 6. Taylor Garner
    F: 44. Cameron Zurhaar, 50. Ben Brown, 7. Jack Ziebell
    Foll: 22. Todd Goldstein, 4. Shaun Higgins, 3. Jed Anderson

Int: 11. Luke McDonald, 12. Jy Simpkin, 28. Kayne Turner, 32. Mason Wood
    Emg: 8. Nathan Hrovat, 31. Curtis Taylor, 43. Aaron Hall, 42. Tom Campbell

In: McDonald, Thompson, Williams
    Out: Sam Durdin (suspended), Curtis Taylor (omitted), Sam Wright (injured)

Sydney
    B: 24. Dane Rampe, 43. Lewis Melican, 14. Callum Mills
    HB: 6. Jackson Thurlow, 36. Aliir Aliir, 44. Jake Lloyd
    C: 5. Isaac Heeney, 12. Josh P. Kennedy, 34. Jordan Dawson
    HF: 42. Robbie Fox, 20. Sam Reid, 13. Oliver Florent
    F: 22. Nick Blakey, 30. Tom McCartin, 26. Luke Parker
    Foll: 18. Callum Sinclair, 10. Zak Jones, 11. Tom Papley

Int: 29. George Hewett, 8. James Rowbottom, 38. Colin O'Riordan, 9. Will Hayward
    Emg: 4. Ryan Clarke, 27. Justin McInerney, 1. James Rose, 25. Ben Ronke

In: Rowbottom
    Out: Kieren Jack (injured)

Umpires: Brendan Hosking (16), John Howorth (17), Ray Chamberlain (18)

Selected stats from the Footy Live app:

• The Kangaroos have lost 33% of their defensive one-on-one contests this season - ranked 18th
    • North Melbourne has scored from 45% of its inside 50 entries this season
    • North Melbourne has launched an inside 50 from 24% of its kick-ins this season - ranked third

• Sydney has generated an inside 50 from 44% of its chains starting in the defensive midfield this season - ranked second
    • Sydney has taken a mark from 21% of its kicks inside 50 so far this season - ranked third.
    • The Swans have lost the groundball-get count by eight per game this season - ranked 16th.
    • Sydney has been outscored by a total of 33 points from a centre bounce clearance this season - ranked 16th.
    • Aliir Aliir has taken a mark from 20% of his defensive one-on-one contests this season - ranked No. 1 of the top-20 players to have defended a contest.
    • Sydney has taken a mark from 24% of Zak Jones' kicks inside 50 this season - ranked third of the top-25 players to have kicked inside 50.

Other stats:

• Swans have won both their games at Blundstone, in 2013 and 2016. North Melbourne are 14-4 at Blundstone, with 2 of the 4 losses coming against the Swans.
    • Longmire has a 9-3 win-loss record against Scott, including winning 4 of our last 5 meetings.

North have made a major shift in the midfield in recent weeks, jettisoning mature recruits Aaron Hall & Dom Tyson as well as youngsters Luke Davies-Uniacke & Bailey Scott to the VFL, allowing Jack Ziebell to move from full-time forward to full-time midfielder.

Blundstone has a capacity of close to 20,000. Will it be full? And how parochial will the crowd be - are Hobartians rusted on North supporters or just interested AFL watchers?

One reason I ask is that I gather from BF that some North supporters are waiting for Nick Blakey with verbal baseball bats. Pretty poor if a 19yo is comprehensively booed every time he goes near the ball. As we know, North supporters have history in targeted booing.

Iā€™m confident the Swans can come away with another win .
    That was a very good confidence boost last week. They can play fast and composed now.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Blundstone has a capacity of close to 20,000. Will it be full? And how parochial will the crowd be - are Hobartians rusted on North supporters or just interested AFL watchers?

One reason I ask is that I gather from BF that some North supporters are waiting for Nick Blakey with verbal baseball bats. Pretty poor if a 19yo is comprehensively booed every time he goes near the ball. As we know, North supporters have history in targeted booing.
    You can bet that they will be booing Rampe. I hadn't thought about Blakey but it wouldn't surprise me if they booed him too. I will never forgive them for how they treated Goodes in his last game. šŸ˜ 

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post

One reason I ask is that I gather from BF that some North supporters are waiting for Nick Blakey with verbal baseball bats. Pretty poor if a 19yo is comprehensively booed every time he goes near the ball. As we know, North supporters have history in proving themselves morons.
    Fixed that for you Meg :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Fixed that for you Meg :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    You can bet that they will be booing Rampe. I hadn't thought about Blakey but it wouldn't surprise me if they booed him too. I will never forgive them for how they treated Goodes in his last game. šŸ˜ 
    I would imagine that it might be a little similar to Mitchell. A gun F/S player who had the option of choosing between sentimentality and opportunity/development and job satisfaction. We don't boo Mit hell so I see no need for Norf to boo Blakey.

Good feeling about this game!

... as long as Joey isn't a late out tho as rumoured

Senior Player
    The bull@@@@ with Rampe and general disrespect from fans and media has left me pretty keen to win this one.

Senior Player
    Ugh.

Final teams #AFLNorthSwans: Josh Kennedy has been replaced by Ryan Clarke.

No changes for the Roos.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Ugh.

No changes for the Roos.
    ugh indeed

there goes my confidence

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Ugh.

No changes for the Roos.
    Argh big out for us.

A perfect day today here in Hobart and a great night for footy. Glorious weather.

Don't mind so much if we beat - just want to see the boys give it a red hot go and see what happens.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast