Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round X Collingwood Magpies

The Hun is a lot more positive about the chances of Buddy and Joey playing.

Category: | Herald Sun

Exclusive pictures captured by The Daily Telegraph show Franklin striding out in sprints and completing kicking drills in a desperate bid to return for perhaps the most sacred fixture on the AFL calendar...

Franklin has now missed four weeks with a hamstring injury and still needs to get through a main session on Wednesday to be given the green tick for a return...

The Swans are also quietly confident captain Josh Kennedy will make an immediate return from the quad injury which made him a late scratching from last week’s win over North Melbourne, but he too will have to get through Wednesday’s main session.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Amazing how the guy touted as one of the fittest in preseason plays 95% game time up from 58% and turns out he can play
    And also surprise surprise Hewetts tagging apprenticeship is finished and Melican can actually play
    If he puts Mills in the midfield and Buddy on the wing ill be sending in an invoice for coaching consultancy
    Buddy's 32; they ain't gunna start playin' him on the wing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    .....because Horse is a liar? (we know you don't think he's a good coach but you may be eating humble pie in a season or two)

That's quite funny but you really shouldn't be encouraging waswan's pessimism, deja.
    I've always wondered; what does Humble taste like?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Buddy's 32; they ain't gunna start playin' him on the wing
    Worked for Richo at 33, nearly won an Brownlow and was All Australian

- - - Updated - - -

And Reiwolt

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    No disagreement from me, Clarke should be given an opportunity as a tagger.

But this little black duck is mindful that it was only a single game, and North is a special case for Clarke, he probably knows his former teammates better than any other players in the league.
    So I hope he has just as much success against Sidebottom (or whoever) this week, then I too can join in the unqualified celebrations.

On another note: Is it just me or is McCartin starting to look like he may be the key/power forward we've lacked since Hall's departure/disgrace.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    ...On another note: Is it just me or is McCartin starting to look like he may be the key/power forward we've lacked since Hall's departure/disgrace.
    Not just you RnR, he looks more and more like the real deal. Size, pace, good hands, good kick, can bring others into play - let's just hope he can be injury-free.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

He looks great but his kicking is a worry. More Read than Hall. Not sure why though as his technique looks pretty good to my untrained eye.

I had a good optimistic feeling about dons and lolnorf games, but unfortunately I think we are going to get a towelling this weekend.

Good weekend to go camping/sailing/any-where with a TV.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I had a good optimistic feeling about dons and lolnorf games, but unfortunately I think we are going to get a towelling this weekend.
    I’ve lost count of the number of Swans games I’ve gone to expect a shellacking, including this game last year when the Swans somehow managed to conjure a win.

Bookies have us at $3. It could get ugly but you’ve got to keep the faith.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I’ve lost count of the number of Swans games I’ve gone to expect a shellacking, including this game last year when the Swans somehow managed to conjure a win.

Bookies have us at $3. It could get ugly but you’ve got to keep the faith.
    I prefer that attitude.....I certainly won't be going camping!

Our team isn't so different to what it was last year where we managed to beat the pies in a thriller and beat west coast twice. I expect us to lose but be in it for most of the game

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Our team isn't so different to what it was last year where we managed to beat the pies in a thriller and beat west coast twice. I expect us to lose but be in it for most of the game
    If Buddy (who kicked six last time) and Joey (only 21 possessions) make it back, then we will be similar but much less experienced, missing Newman, Macca, Alex Johnson, Cunningham, Smith, Robinson, Ronke and Jack from that side. That's 8 players out of 22. And I would guess over 1,000 games of experience missing.

I still hope we can stay with them for most of the day. I hope they'll grow in confidence after the last 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Not just you RnR, he looks more and more like the real deal. Size, pace, good hands, good kick, can bring others into play - let's just hope he can be injury-free.
    I've also been impressed by McCartin; mainly for his decision making. He seems to get to the right place, and if he doesn't take possession, he's really good at tapping the ball into a position that advantages a team mate. I also expect him to become a more formidable marking target, once he gains a bit more power.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast