Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round X Collingwood Magpies

Changes for round X Collingwood Magpies

I think this game is probably beyond any team the Swans could put on the park, even more so with so much experience out of the side. Please don't put Jack back.

These suggestions are based more in hope than reality. I'd like to see Buddy and Joey running around on Friday night. Can't believe I'm saying it, but I think Clarke stays after his job on Higgins. Sidebottom perhaps this week?

OUT: Jones (hamstring), Rowbottom
    IN: Franklin, Kennedy

Veterans List
    Jones obviously out and for a number of games it looked like, probably after the bye.

Rowbottom out of his depth at this stage, that makes two we need to find.

Clarke should be our tagger now, frees up Hewitt to play as an offensive mid.

Ins, who knows? Obviously Buddy & JPK if recovered, if they're not ?

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Perhaps add Heeney to the doubtful list, even though he passed the test to return he looked a little out sorts to me when he came back on.

I would rather he is rested to ensure there are no further issues.
    sprite

Swans won't push their superstar forward despite the lure of launching Sir Doug Nicholls Round http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-20/...sore-hamstring

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Swans won't push their superstar forward despite the lure of launching Sir Doug Nicholls Round http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-20/...sore-hamstring
    There is some possibly good news in the article:

"The Swans could regain co-captain Josh Kennedy (quad) after he was a late withdrawal against North Melbourne last week, but they'll be without speedster Zak Jones for the next two to three weeks. Jones injured his hamstring against the Kangaroos."

The article bears scant relation to what Horse actually said in his presser, which included:

Heeney got a head knock passed the test and is fine today
    Jones' hamstring injury is not serious 2-3 weeks
    He put Buddy and Joey in exactly the same boat "See how they train on Wednesday"

Horse said Jones is out 2-3 weeks with a mild strain so that will probably end up 8-10 after unforseen surgery

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Horse said Jones is out 2-3 weeks with a mild strain so that will probably end up 8-10 after unforseen surgery
    And when visiting Jones in hospital, Sam Reid picks up an antibiotic resistant infection and is out for the season.

Jones is out we know, and with that we lose a speedy and risk taker player. Kennedy if fit is more of a like for like with Rowbottom who didn’t do a huge amount last week.
    But I wonder if Bell isn’t a Smokey for this week?
    Papley moves to more of the Jones role out of the centre and Bell tackles everything moving in the front quarter.

It can't hurt to leave Rowbottom in. He won't have a "breakout" game playing Two's. The kid's all class and it's only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And when visiting Jones in hospital, Sam Reid picks up an antibiotic resistant infection and is out for the season.
    And then Dane Rampe visits Reid, who is in his sick bed at home, falls over one of Reid’s dogs and breaks his arm.

Amazing how there is no discussion of dropping the fka "list-clogger" Clarke today!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast