Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round X Collingwood Magpies

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Elliot, Moore, Adams, and Cox will still be missing for the Pies this week. Varcoe out on suspension. DeGoey was listed to return by Buckley today, but Tom Browne reported DeGoey pulled up sore after training & isn't a certainty.
    Last time Moore, Langdon, Adams, Varcoe and Cox all played, although Moore didn't last long (we were sat one row behind his father who disappeared pretty quick in the second quarter). DeGoey, Treloar, Elliott were missing.

The preview on the Swans website says:

"The Pies midfield is full of stars and with a dominant ruckman in Brodie Grundy, it looks to have far more dangerous players than the Swans can cover. If Grundy gets on top of Callum Sinclair, he'll be a match-winner... If the big Magpie imposes himself physically on the contest his fleet of gun onballers will destroy the home side."

Preview: Marn Grook at the SCG - sydneyswans.com.au

I've tipped the Pies, put it that way.

Unfortunately I also think that the Pies will win. They are playing really good football and will be contenders in September.

DeGoey is out too. If we can't beat them this week we definitely DO need to tank for draft picks! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    DeGoey is out too. If we can't beat them this week we definitely DO need to tank for draft picks! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Buddy back

Lots of outs for them but it still doesnt even them up to us. I see us being in it for two to three quarters and then running out of gas. Probable 30 plus point loss
    . Hope not but just being a realist .

Senior Player
    They've won six in a row, and are due for a loss. History shows it's extremely hard to keep winning streaks going
    for that long, it doesn't matter who you are. They have a bunch of guys out & our confidence will be up after a
    couple wins. We are a real chance.

Always a chance in sport. I'm not getting too worked up about any game this year and just happy to see the youth in the side develop. Also don,t win the spoon but get lower enough for some good draft picks and offload any high paid low value for money performers ( Reid ?? ) would be great as well.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Franklin Kennedy for Jones Rowbottom

Emg Rowbottom Ronke McInerney Rose

Best balanced team we’ve had all season

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Franklin Kennedy for Jones Rowbottom

Emg Rowbottom Ronke McInerney Rose
    A couple of handy ins

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by moocher View Post
    Best balanced team we’ve had all season
    Not sure about best balanced. It makes us even taller in the forward line, notwithstanding some of those talls are mobile and quick and can play on the wings. And we don't have anyone available to take over Jones's centre bounce rotations and add the zip that he provides. Maybe Papley will spend more time in the midfield.

I notice no Jack in the team, even as an emergency. I wonder if that means he's not available. Since his absence last week was explained by the lingering effects of a head knock, you'd normally expect a player to be available a week later. Maybe he's an exception to that rule, or maybe his hip is also continuing to bother him. Or maybe they just decided to stick predominantly with the team that did so well last week. The obvious player to make way if Jack were to return is Fox, but he had a pretty decent game against the Roos. I guess we'll get confirmation of whether he's not available, or just hasn't been selected, when the NEAFL team is listed.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Jack not names for the NEAFL

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast