Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round X Collingwood Magpies

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I'd rather they keep Papley forward. Play Franklin and Blakey as wingers delivering to Reid and McCartin in the forward line
    Yes, especially re Papley. It'll be interesting.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Tom Browne was on the mark with Buddy's return this week.

I think this will be a cracking game & give ourselves a real chance, considering their outs & our ins. I don't think the Pies have been severely tested in the last few weeks & if we bring our recent pressure game I'll be disappointed if we go down by a big margin. This is a big IF, but if we win the talk of us making the finals will be truly on. Love to see this happen just to put the likes of Murphy & Shaw back in their place after just few weeks ago suggesting we should offload Buddy on the premise we'll bottom out next couple of years.
    Well said!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    That doesn't address the issue of who can provide some zip at centre bounces. I guess the return of Kennedy makes it obvious who replaces him in simple manpower terms, but except that changes the dynamics of the centre square set ups somewhat.
    They might run Ollie through there a bit. Six clearances last week. Maybe even Hayward. I didn't notice it at the time, but stats suggest he got 4 clearances last week including a centre clearance.

I hope Kennedy being back doesn't mean Hewitt returns to his tagging role.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I hope Kennedy being back doesn't mean Hewitt returns to his tagging role.
    Hewett still played on Cunnington last week, so he’ll have a responsibility, just not so out and out defensive.

Wonder if they’ll send Clarke to Sidebottom?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I don't think we need to make finals to demonstrate the folly of that suggestion. Even if the club (and Buddy) did seek to trade him, he was never going to garner a high draft pick at his age. So the idea of trading him to give the club currency to stock up on highly rated junior never made sense.
    In addition to finding a team that would offer a high draft choice, you'd also have to find a team willing to take on 1.4 million in their salary cap for the next season.
    Alternately the Swans would have to pay some of it - and I can't see a trade happening.
    Whether he stays, is traded or retires. Buddy's contract, which continues to rise each year, will remain in the Swans salary cap.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Wrong thread
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    In addition to finding a team that would offer a high draft choice, you'd also have to find a team willing to take on 1.4 million in their salary cap for the next season.
    Alternately the Swans would have to pay some of it - and I can't see a trade happening.
    Whether he stays, is traded or retires. Buddy's contract, which continues to rise each year, will remain in the Swans salary cap.
    We need a side desperate for some star quality exposure, without the cap pressure that most teams have. A team that has had an exodus of high priced players recently which free's up a lot of cap space.
    There is one candidate.... Gold Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We need a side desperate for some star quality exposure, without the cap pressure that most teams have. A team that has had an exodus of high priced players recently which free's up a lot of cap space.
    We couldn't play the same trick on St Kilda twice

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Why are we even talking about this? He loves the club, he loves the town, he's a drawcard, and he's a brilliant footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Why are we even talking about this? He loves the club, he loves the town, he's a drawcard, and he's a brilliant footballer.
    +1

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    +1
    +2

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast