Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round X Collingwood Magpies

Senior Player
    I think we are a sneaky chance tonight and our two inclusions certainly add something to our team. I also agree with the sentiment of many on here who feel Buddy will be better served up the field a little bit delivering to our forward line. His ability to place the ball to advantage is as good as anyone in the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by AnsweredPrayers View Post
    He looks great but his kicking is a worry. More Read than Hall. Not sure why though as his technique looks pretty good to my untrained eye.
    It's the ball drop. His technique is good until he drops the ball. Sometimes he let's the ball go too high. Deeds to concentrate on letting the ball go lower. He faces directly at the target, goals, lines the ball up well, his hands are in perfect placement. But the drop, ugh. Not always but about every second or third kick for goal depending on the day.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, Dawson has surprised me a bit, with his ability to take strong contested marks. Heeney can also pluck one or two. Papley can also mop up the crumbs. Though I wouldn't mind if Ronke recaptured his form, in order to give some more crumbing assistance.
    I don't know why Dawson surprised you as he was drafted as a third forward in the Gunston mould. His reserves formwoyld have told you that while he was a gun inside mid there he also went forward and took telling pack marks every week. So don't be shocked we don't need unnecessary heart palpitations.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    The big forwards will appreciate Buddy being back as he'll draw the best defender/s so the trickle down effect is that the others will have lesser direct opponents. Our mids need to ensure they choose the best option going into 50, not just constantly feed Buddy the ball.

Real contested and clever marking power in the forward half, let's hope we capitalise. Looking forward to this, got a very good Shiraz on standby, almost as brilliant red as Maguire's face will be if we can roll the Pies.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    ... while on the other hand, constant injuries are starting to destabilise Collingwood.
    Like last year
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Looking forward to this, got a very good Shiraz on standby, almost as brilliant red as Maguire's face will be if we can roll the Pies.
    Lol

And I bet u Eddie is a merlot drinker lol

He reminds of the guy from the movie “sideways”

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Lol

And I bet u Eddie is a merlot drinker lol

He reminds of the guy from the movie “sideways”
    Ah yes, Sideways was a classic movie, and I'm still in love with Virginia Madsen :-)

Pretty sure guy in Sideways was NOT a Merlot lover.

I see Eddie as more of a Chardonnay type

Warming the Bench
    How long has it been since a Swans v Collingwood games featured both Reid brothers?

The Magpie tall forwards would be Mihocek and B Reid. We have more tall options when going into the F50. Who is going to quell Jayden Stevenson - he's a good player despite being young and very light.

Collingwood won't have De Goey, Cox, Taylor Adams, Darcy Moore, Tom Langdon, Jaimie Elliott.

Before we beat Essendon I couldn't see the Swans winning too many games this year but the last 2 weeks have given me some hope but I hope it's not false hope. I go into tonight's game with some hope.

With JPK back I think we can match them in the midfield. However, the ruck contest will be crucial. Poor old Sinkers - he'll give his all as usual but Grundy is elite

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Pretty sure guy in Sideways was NOT a Merlot lover.

I see Eddie as more of a Chardonnay type
    Eddie always wants to portray himself as a Jack'n Coke bogan from Broady. In reality it's more Moet and coke now
    sprite

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    However, the ruck contest will be crucial. Poor old Sinkers - he'll give his all as usual but Grundy is elite
    Which means it is likely to come down to how well our midfield can read Grundy's work, while Sinclair does his best to prevent Grundy putting it straight onto the chest of his midfielders.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Eddie always wants to portray himself as a Jack'n Coke bogan from Broady. In reality it's more Moet and coke now
    In other words, complete and utter vulgarian.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast