Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round IX North

Changes for round IX North

Doesn't the weekend have a positive feel when we win?? I also liked 10 goal kickers too. I hate to admit it but sometimes we seem better at scoring when there is not one forward option in L.F.

Some good marks by Reid & Mc Cartin.

Out; Jack
    In; Rowbottom

Still only had 40 inside 50s. Somehow conjured 22 scoring shots.

Some suggestion Sam Reid got hurt last night, so might miss.

Menzel played a full game in the NEAFL. I wonder if theyโ€™d be tempted to get a game of AFL into him before Collingwood?

Please let Buddy be fit this week?

Jack surely has to go. I thought everyone else acquitted themselves really well. Fox did a great job on Saad, COR played well and atoned for his 100m penalty in style.

OUT: Jack, Reid
    IN: Menzel, Buddy

OUT : Jack, Reid

IN : Rowbottom, Franklin
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Relative View Post
    Doesn't the weekend have a positive feel when we win?? I also liked 10 goal kickers too. I hate to admit it but sometimes we seem better at scoring when there is not one forward option in L.F.

Some good marks by Reid & Mc Cartin.

Out; Jack
    In; Rowbottom
    I had the same thought BR but we'll have to see what happens with injuries. Ernie K's suggestion about Buddy for Reid will be neat if that's how it works out. Having McCartin and Blakey up and going makes Reid feel a bit more expendable

A very even team effort but Reid and Jack had minimal impact. With McCartain's and Blakey's impact, Reid's place in the team is not a given. I wonder whether he needs to be converted to a key position defender. This potentially would free Rampe to provide run out of defence. Anyway my preliminary thoughts on next week's team selections are:
    Outs: Jack Reid
    Ins: Rowbottom Franklin

Buddy for Reid obviously

Rose for Jack but it won't happen

Warming the Bench
    rose never
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Veterans List
    I'm at the North game today so I'll be able to keep an eye on their players and their game style.

Eddie McGuire walked near me but I resisted the urge and I kept quiet.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I'm at the North game today so I'll be able to keep an eye on their players and their game style.

Eddie McGuire walked near me but I resisted the urge and I kept quiet.
    Admire your discipline and self control!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Admire your discipline and self control!
    Yes especially when he came back and stood 2 metres from me with that stupid grin on his face. But at halftime Roosey came down so that made things better ๐Ÿ˜Š.

It's not a very pretty game. Our midfield needs to be careful next week because North seem to be having a shot at goal when they win the clearance. Ben Brown led well that quarter. But gee that long run up is annoying.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Yes especially when he came back and stood 2 metres from me with that stupid grin on his face. But at halftime Roosey came down so that made things better ๐Ÿ˜Š.

It's not a very pretty game. Our midfield needs to be careful next week because North seem to be having a shot at goal when they win the clearance. Ben Brown led well that quarter. But gee that long run up is annoying.
    Went to the GF last year. I was very happy WC won. To cap it off, I walked past McGuire just after the end. He was copping lots of stick and his face was like thunder. Like you, I very nearly joined in the chorus!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

Jack surely has to go. I thought everyone else acquitted themselves really well. Fox did a great job on Saad, COR played well and atoned for his 100m penalty in style.

OUT: Jack, Reid
    IN: Menzel, Buddy
    Jack will probably be given the week off to recover from the head knock he got early in the game. Everyone seems to have missed that, saying he was very quiet etc. Well, there was a reason for it.

I thought he was very lively in the first quarter.....he looked like the Kizza of old. It was a real pity he got that head knock I reckon.....

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast