Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reg Retires

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Sad news. Says a lot that he's a favourite to so many and liked by everyone.

Ted Richards reposted a link to the article he wrote about Grundy last year, well worth reading again:

Glutes, tools and Tokyo — Ted’s tribute to Reg - AFL Players
    Good article. Ted always had an excellent sense of humour.
    And to save anyone else doing the search; the person next to Reg in the photo, is Simon Phillips.

Longmire also commented in the retirement press conference that Grundy's tank and athleticism were underrated. Reg laughed and Horse really emphasised how much he meant it.

News have put out a nice article about Grundy's impact and influence quoting Nick Riewoldt and Bob Murphy: Riewoldt hails retiring AFL rival Grundy | Wellington Times.

We have lost Our Edge. Go well Reg! Gonna miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Longmire also commented in the retirement press conference that Grundy's tank and athleticism were underrated. Reg laughed and Horse really emphasised how much he meant it.

News have put out a nice article about Grundy's impact and influence quoting Nick Riewoldt and Bob Murphy: Riewoldt hails retiring AFL rival Grundy | Wellington Times.

We have lost Our Edge. Go well Reg! Gonna miss you.
    I didn't know Riewoldt could read!!
    We have lost our last line of defence.

EDIT: Just read the article - I was right, it wasn't written by him, just quotes from TV.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Reg was always an underestimated player throughout his career. I think part of this was that he looked a bit slower than he actually was. So many times, it looked like he was going to be beaten but then all of a sudden he was there for the first or mark. I'm going to miss having him in the team and I'm hoping Melican can step up and become the set and forget defender who we can trust to lock down the opposition's key forward.

Note that Melican’s nickname is “Pel”

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Note that Melican’s nickname is “Pel”
    Short for 'Pelican' which rhymes with Melican
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

One of my favourites. Excellent at reading the flight of the ball off the boot and able to consistently outmark his opponent. Was it 4 goals in his first game? Long and successful career - Congrats Reg!
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Short for 'Pelican' which rhymes with Melican
    I've always wanted to call him Pelican. Now its official that I can!

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries

THANKS REG

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    One of my favourites. Excellent at reading the flight of the ball off the boot and able to consistently outmark his opponent. Was it 4 goals in his first game? Long and successful career - Congrats Reg!
    THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES REG....YOU SHOWED ALL, HOW IMPORTANT THE BACKLINE PLAYERS ARE.

BEST OF EVERYTHING TO YOU AND YOURS IN THE FUTURE.

Veterans List
    Not sure if this has been posted but it's been on Youtube for about 6 days now......a nice little career highlights wrap on Reg. His 'body positioning' is sublime....

Grundy calls time - YouTube

You beauty Reg!

I saw Reg in the lift at the Collingwood game.
    Had a hug and got a bit teary. We're both hoping they'll give him something to do around the club!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted but it's been on Youtube for about 6 days now......a nice little career highlights wrap on Reg. His 'body positioning' is sublime....

Grundy calls time - YouTube

You beauty Reg!
    Thanks for the connection stevoswan, a nice regume (beg your pardon). What struck me was Reg's capacity, no matter how high he flew, to land on his feet and not damage his foot, ankle or knee. Am I imagining things or was his technique in this area something others should note? And does his record actually show that his skill in this area shows up in stats somewhere, as e.g.in fewer spells off?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123