Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 10 Swans v Pies Fri 24-May at SCG #AFLSwansPies @sydneyswans

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Maybe Brian just panicked, because he could remember Aliir's first name, but he couldn't remember his last name?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    He did.....I heard him say it and yelled "Oh that's right, 'cause they all look the same eh BT?"
    No need to invent thatt racism crap Stevo as much as I know you want to make something of this. It was a slip of the tongue, that's all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    North just won and are now above us on the ladder.
    Yay. Come on down Rowell.

Yay. Come on down Rowell.[/QUOTE]

No doubt Horse can turn him into a great forward pocket! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    No need to invent thatt racism crap Stevo as much as I know you want to make something of this. It was a slip of the tongue, that's all.
    Good call. They we just taking about Allir and Daw a few minutes earlier. Slip of the tongue.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR
    Such an easy mistake to make. Nothing to see here, Fanta-Sia.

Oh my.
    So close, yet so far.
    MASSIVE improvement all around. Some of these kiddies are just shining, aren't they?
    Aliir was magnificent.
    Rampe needs his head read.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    .....and I was joking when I yelled it. Did I suddenly think BT is a racist? Of course not! Sheese, it was obvious to everyone that it was just a slip of the tongue.....but one that still leaves him open to judgement. You know how society works now.....a 'slip of the tongue' or even a joke can suddenly become a statement. You're guilty of that here.....an agenda driven reaction, which was wrong.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 27th May 2019 at 01:17 PM.

Watched the last quarter again and noticed the umpire stamping Callum Brown's Passport after he ran too far kicking that goal.

One small step for Chris Mayne, one big leap by Dane Rampe.

Warming the Bench
    We had our chance to ice the game but didn't quite get there. Haywards misses were quite costly and Rampe's brain fade cost us as well. The Swans problem is still in the middle. The pies had a glut of F50s but couldn't kick straight which kept us in the game.
    There are some really good signs though - very impressed with Dawson. He's very composed and finds targets really well. To me, he's a similar type of player to Scott Pendlebury.

Sam Reid - amazing. I may have said only 2 weeks ago that Sam should be CHB - can take a good mark but can't kick straight. Have any other players kicked 6.0 this year? Great turnaround Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    We had our chance to ice the game but didn't quite get there. Haywards misses were quite costly and Rampe's brain fade cost us as well. The Swans problem is still in the middle. The pies had a glut of F50s but couldn't kick straight which kept us in the game.
    There are some really good signs though - very impressed with Dawson. He's very composed and finds targets really well. To me, he's a similar type of player to Scott Pendlebury.

Sam Reid - amazing. I may have said only 2 weeks ago that Sam should be CHB - can take a good mark but can't kick straight. Have any other players kicked 6.0 this year? Great turnaround Sam.
    Go easy on Rampe. He’s a star. Seriously, Dane keeps us in so many games, I can forgive him a few slip ups. Our players must feel the bs we get from the umpires more than anyone, so I don’t blame them for pushing the limits a bit. Besides, it didn’t ‘cost’ us the game (that was the 25 metre run & goal to Brown & a well milked free to the other Reid).

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Go easy on Rampe. He’s a star. Seriously, Dane keeps us in so many games, I can forgive him a few slip ups. Our players must feel the bs we get from the umpires more than anyone, so I don’t blame them for pushing the limits a bit. Besides, it didn’t ‘cost’ us the game (that was the 25 metre run & goal to Brown & a well milked free to the other Reid).
    And missed gettable shots from Hayward and Sinclair, both normally quite reliable with set shots.

In any case, I thought Collingwood were marginally the better team on the night, so can't really complain we were robbed. Or bottled it, especially after being without JPK and Hewett in the final quarter.

#AFL Round 10 Swans v Pies Fri 24-May at SCG #AFLSwansPies @sydneyswans

In fairness to BT, he mixed up players and called the wrong name about 50 times for the night. He’s not racist, just a poor commentator.

Rampe was actually unlucky when you look at what the Fox Footy Lab showed - he actually jumped right on where the mark was, and only landed less than a metre in front of it. But Nicholls was already blowing for the 50 before Rampe had landed, incorrectly adjudging that he’d already gone over the mark.

They also measured Brown’s run as 26m.