Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 10 Swans v Pies Fri 24-May at SCG #AFLSwansPies @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Not what I mean at all....it's just you seem so bitter after two wins and a fighting 7 point loss to one of the flag favourites. Where's the positivity?
    You are right, I am bitter and probably shouldn't be as I don't rate our side of doing much this year! But I like most on here hate losing to Collingwood and to lose to them with half their team out is bloody ordinary, even though we are an ordinary side ourselves this year.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Heeney Blakey and mills

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Looks like they did alright last year. I'd be happy to see Sam Walsh in our side...

For every Carlton there's a number of other sides that have prospered from a couple of high draft picks. None less than Hawthorn when they drafted a couple kids named Franklin and Roughead with top 5 picks! I'd back our recruiters to make the right calls.

We will finish this season wherever we finish and the draft picks will take care of themselves. That said.

I JUST LOVE WATCHING THE SWANNIES WIN.

Senior Player
    I have to admit, I was impressed by that performance. Shame not to get the win, but after the tripe that was served up at the start of the season, I am relieved. The Swans have a bright future. Who knows, maybe even a tilt at the flag in 4 or 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Heeney Blakey and mills
    Exactly. We need more like them and we need to play both Heeney and Mills on the ball full time to see if they can both go to another level!

Blakey will be a player too but we need some top quality midfielders with silky skills and speed. We basically have none and it's hard to draft them in the late first round or 2nd round.

Troyjones2525 the reason we are not winning is because our side is full of young players. If you think going to the draft is going to make us more competitive in the short term...

I actually think that game is evidence we are on the right track. It feels like the baby Swans are able to take it up to a side like Collingwood. Who made the Grand Final last year missing a heap of players.

Ramps is a brilliant defender/ footballer but there is a little too much "dickhead" going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    we need some top quality midfielders with silky skills and speed.
    There aren’t that many running around with both. It’s generally one or the other. Which current players have that combination?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Ramps is a brilliant defender/ footballer but there is a little too much "dickhead" going on there.
    Sorry, I was at the game. Is that why Mayne got a second shot at goal?

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    I have to admit, I was impressed by that performance. Shame not to get the win, but after the tripe that was served up at the start of the season, I am relieved. The Swans have a bright future. Who knows, maybe even a tilt at the flag in 4 or 5 years?
    Are you joking? I strongly believe next year they will give the flag a real shake. Blakey and McCartin will an uninterrupted pre season will make a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    He jumped over the mark

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    There aren’t that many running around with both. It’s generally one or the other. Which current players have that combination?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I was at the game. Is that why Mayne got a second shot at goal?
    Ran over the mark. Depending on definition, I'd go brain fade, rather than dickhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Troyjones2525 the reason we are not winning is because our side is full of young players. If you think going to the draft is going to make us more competitive in the short term...

I actually think that game is evidence we are on the right track. It feels like the baby Swans are able to take it up to a side like Collingwood. Who made the Grand Final last year missing a heap of players.
    Yes we are a young side. But we need to add some polish in the middle which is very hard to do if you aren't at the top end of the draft.

Josh Kelly
    Bontempelli
    Cripps
    Oliver
    Whitfield
    Coniglio
    Taranto
    Treloar
    McLuggage
    Walsh

All these guys are the top young midfielders in the game and it's no coincidence that they are all high draft picks.

Yes you can get lucky and get a beauty later in the draft, we have got a few over the years no doubt! But with recruiting at the level it is today, they don't make as many mistakes as they used to and the cream is usually at the top!

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast