Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 10 Swans v Pies Fri 24-May at SCG #AFLSwansPies @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Ran over the mark. Depending on definition, I'd go brain fade, rather than dickhead.
    Does climbing the goalposts qualify as dickhead?

Oh excellent. With Brad Scott’s pending departure from North, the rumours now gain some traction that Horse will join Shawry there

Good scrapping effort. Especially with Hewett and Kennedy not there in the final quarter. Really hard to get it moving forward from the clearances, without those two and with Grundy being so dominant. Parker continued his recent tough efforts, though every who did midfield time battled hard: Heeney, Florent, Clarke, Fox, and it seemed that even Lloyd was doing a bit of time in close.
    I thought all the defence played well: even if there was the occasional lapse.
    Reid, more of that, please.

And did anybody see what happened to Hewett? I know he was cut open and concussed, but how did he get that way? I don't think that Channel 7 showed any footage.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Does climbing the goalposts qualify as dickhead?
    Depends on the definition of dickhead. If dickhead means @@@@@: no. If dickhead means overly prone to do dumbarse things: possibly, but you have to weigh it up with all the good things that he does.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Looks like they did alright last year. I'd be happy to see Sam Walsh in our side...

For every Carlton there's a number of other sides that have prospered from a couple of high draft picks. None less than Hawthorn when they drafted a couple kids named Franklin and Roughead with top 5 picks! I'd back our recruiters to make the right calls.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Good scrapping effort. Especially with Hewett and Kennedy not there in the final quarter. Really hard to get it moving forward from the clearances, without those two and with Grundy being so dominant. Parker continued his recent tough efforts, though every who did midfield time battled hard: Heeney, Florent, Clarke, Fox, and it seemed that even Lloyd was doing a bit of time in close.
    I thought all the defence played well: even if there was the occasional lapse.
    Reid, more of that, please.

And did anybody see what happened to Hewett? I know he was cut open and concussed, but how did he get that way? I don't think that Channel 7 showed any footage.
    A big pack at a marking contest.
    He just came off worse from that.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Oh excellent. With Brad Scott’s pending departure from North, the rumours now gain some traction that Horse will join Shawry there
    If the rumours are true: it's a bit of an insult for us. As in, lose to the Swans, well that's the final straw, sack the coach.

Veterans List
    Didn't like losing but we worked really hard all game. Brown should have been pinged for running 28 metres when he kicked that goal but we had our chances. That miss by Hayward was critical. If he kicks it we lead by 15. His game was absolute rubbish and that's being kind. 3 kicks and 2 handballs is not good enough. When he did get near the footy his efforts were weak. Maybe a week in the 2's might wake him up.Thinks he is tough in the push and shove but when push comes to shove he is not to be seen.

Also why Rampe on the outer wing, when were 9 up, beat his man then gave a poor handball to Clarke inboard is beyond me. We were really playing well and he should have gone deep into the forward line. Maybe he couldn't see from the other end of the ground that Reid had kicked 6 majors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    A big pack at a marking contest.
    He just came off worse from that.
    Ta. I get suspicious of foul play, if I don't see any evidence to the contrary.

Unlucky we lost 2 bulls and are far from the side that can cover

A few guys quiet tonight, good effort but a lost opportunity

Clarke has found his spot
    Sinclair more than serviceable

Time to step up Heeny, dawson, papley hayward

Regular in the Side
    Clarke has found his spot
    Sinclair more than serviceable

Time to step up Heeny, dawson, papley hayward[/QUOTE]

A bit harsh on Papley. He has been great the last couple of weeks and although no goals today I thought his attack on the ball and the opposition was still good.

In his post match presser Horse suspected that Kennedy will miss few weeks with knee injury. Didn't hear him update on Hewett as Ch 7 annoyingly cut away from his interview before completion. However Horse thought the team took another step forward despite the loss & was very proud of tonight's effort.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Seriously, we are going to blame the umpires for this one too??? Did Rampe not run over the mark by 2 meters??? Just like he climbed and shook the post 2 weeks ago and got away with it...

We played a Collingwood side that is missing probably 9 players from their best 22 and who would all walk into our team without a doubt!

They had 7 more scoring shots than us tonight, we are lucky it was that close. We need to be realistic at where we are at... if we were ever a chance to beat them then this was it and unfortunately blew it!

Time for a re-build through the draft.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    That’s the most miserable take on a game I’ve heard in a while. Outstanding effort - unfortunately, a few of our kids went missing, and the Pies just got the rub of the green (&, yes, I’ll put some of the blame on the umps).

9 players? I reckon 3, maybe 4 at best.

Rampe was brilliant tonight, so I’m not gonna get involved with that. But Didn’t look that obvious from where I was sitting at the time - but the replay doesn’t look great.

From the same seat, i did think Brown ran a long way & the highlights confirm that he’s run at lest 20 metres.

A solid effort overall & with a bit of luck we’d have taken down the scum.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast