Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 10 Swans v Pies Fri 24-May at SCG #AFLSwansPies @sydneyswans

And allegedly BT called Aliir Aliir “Majak Daw”

- - - Updated - - -

Agree about Rampe. He’s probably our best and most consistent player.

Thought Dawson looked supremely composed for a guy that’s played such a small number of games.

Oh, and after 10 years, is it too late to call a Sam Reid breakout game?

Regular in the Side
    [QUOTE=troyjones2525;775539]Looks like they did alright last year. I'd be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Oh, and after 10 years, is it too late to call a Sam Reid breakout game?
    No. Not too late if he plays like that every week.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    That’s the most miserable take on a game I’ve heard in a while. Outstanding effort - unfortunately, a few of our kids went missing, and the Pies just got the rub of the green (&, yes, I’ll put some of the blame on the umps).

9 players? I reckon 3, maybe 4 at best.

Rampe was brilliant tonight, so I’m not gonna get involved with that. But Didn’t look that obvious from where I was sitting at the time - but the replay doesn’t look great.

From the same seat, i did think Brown ran a long way & the highlights confirm that he’s run at lest 20 metres.

A solid effort overall & with a bit of luck we’d have taken down the scum.
    I thought that the Pies were much cleaner in their ball handling and generally moved the ball into the forward line with more purpose than we did. And we were kept in the game somewhat by their wayward goal kicking. But I generally agree with your "outstanding effort" summation. We know we're not quite up there this season with the likes of Collingwood but to put them right to the end was a credible performance, even if they were missing a few walk-up starters. (And we were missing four ourselves, and were two short in the final quarter compared to the Pies being one short. And while Buddy was back, he was clearly, and unsurprisingly, a bit rusty.)

Did I read someone being critical of Papley's game? I thought he had another really good game. Not quite up to last week's standard but still very important, especially in the second half.

Even though we couldn't string passages of play together quite as well as the Pies, there were lots of individual contests where our guys did outstanding work, especially in defence.

It's good to see the boys playing some solid footy and competing with one of the better sides. What we want to see this year is an improving team and I think that's what we are seeing. Not everyone is going to improve every week, so we just have to get used to that. It's the overall progress of the group.

We still have plenty of talent coming through the reserves in players like Stoddart, Ling, Amartey and Bell. It's all going to click some day and we will have ourselves a fine young team with plenty of depth.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Blew it in the first 7-8 minutes of the last when we had 3 good chances but could only kick 2 behinds from them.
    That was our summary too. Not much scoring down that end! Needed to take those chances and get 2-3 goals up, then may have been a different ending. Was always a big ask when they lost Kennedy and Hewett though.

We were up in the Noble so didn't see the incident that led to the Pies sealer...oh dear.

Disappointing but good hard effort, so much better than those initial rounds. Good to see Buddy back and everyone enjoyed Reid's 6.0.

Not quite an audit (of the pies) however I enjoyed what I saw from the Brewongle so much so I’ll make my first trek to the icy Cattery next weekend (bring a very warm coat my Geelong friend instructed .

Massive scalp for Clarke with Sidebottom only having 13 disposals for the game, happy to see he has found a role for himself in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    Massive scalp for Clarke with Sidebottom only having 13 disposals for the game, happy to see he has found a role for himself in the team.
    I'll admit, I have been questioning Clarke's existence on our list. Happy to eat humble pie for now. He makes an excellent tagger and even had a few good moments himself. He has freed Hewett to play as a big bodied inside mid. I now am a bit more relaxed about post JPK when the time comes as George looks the goods.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Good scrapping effort. Especially with Hewett and Kennedy not there in the final quarter. Really hard to get it moving forward from the clearances, without those two and with Grundy being so dominant. Parker continued his recent tough efforts, though every who did midfield time battled hard: Heeney, Florent, Clarke, Fox, and it seemed that even Lloyd was doing a bit of time in close.
    I thought all the defence played well: even if there was the occasional lapse.
    Reid, more of that, please.

And did anybody see what happened to Hewett? I know he was cut open and concussed, but how did he get that way? I don't think that Channel 7 showed any footage.
    Pretty much my thoughts. It hurts a bit, because it would have been a great win and we came so close, but proud of the team.

Great game by the defence, particularly Aliir.

Loved Longmire’s press conference: “sometimes you lose, but you don’t go backwards”. Personally I believe if we hadn’t lost both Kennedy and Hewett during the third quarter we would have scrapped a win. Could possibly have done so anyway if we’d taken our chances in the last. Make no mistake, Collingwood are one of the premier teams of the competition. Yes, they had a few out, but so did we. Terrific game by Sam Reid, Allir is becoming an exceptional defender and Dawson and O’Riordan continue to grow. Lots of positives, I say.

Senior Player
    So, who was that guy out there who looked just like Sam Reid and wearing his jumper? We should play him every week.