Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: #AFL Round 10 Swans v Pies Fri 24-May at SCG #AFLSwansPies @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    And missed gettable shots from Hayward and Sinclair, both normally quite reliable with set shots.

In any case, I thought Collingwood were marginally the better team on the night, so can't really complain we were robbed. Or bottled it, especially after being without JPK and Hewett in the final quarter.
    yeah, I don’t really think we was robbed, just a few frustrating calls that hurt us a bit.

Plus the umps were kinder to us in Q3 (apart from Nicholls) - amazing how we go with a few calls our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    In fairness to BT, he mixed up players and called the wrong name about 50 times for the night. He’s not racist, just a poor commentator.

Rampe was actually unlucky when you look at what the Fox Footy Lab showed - he actually jumped right on where the mark was, and only landed less than a metre in front of it. But Nicholls was already blowing for the 50 before Rampe had landed, incorrectly adjudging that he’d already gone over the mark.

They also measured Brown’s run as 26m.
    I’m glad they pulled them up on those 2 decisions, but Rampe DID go over - he usually stands a few metres behind the mark & runs up to it on the kick. This time maybe a tad overzealous - but you’ve gotta admire his passion and competitiveness. (Btw, can you get a 50 ‘after’ the kick? - this happened to us twice)

You’re totally correct on the Brown goal, though. I’m blind and 100m away & thought, jeez that’s a long run without a bounce. Very poor and costly non-decision.

Regular in the Side
    There was something different about Sammy's kicking for goal on Friday (apart from them going through). His prep seemed a little different - not sure if it was his run up, ball drop, ball hold or what - I couldn't put my finger on it, but it looked different - at least it did live.
    Life's not a spectator sport

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Rampe was actually unlucky when you look at what the Fox Footy Lab showed - he actually jumped right on where the mark was, and only landed less than a metre in front of it. But Nicholls was already blowing for the 50 before Rampe had landed, incorrectly adjudging that he’d already gone over the mark.
    I didn’t think too much about it at the time, and have already stated on this thread that I thought the umpiring was fine overall, but it does annoy me when umpires get things like this wrong.

I just saw the replay and when Mayne kicks the ball (which is then play on), Rampe is not forward of the mark. It was the umpire, not Rampe, who was overzealous. Rampe had every right to do what he did. It is an incorrect decision - and in situations like that you should be sure.

I doubt it would even get mentioned in their debrief of the game, but I hope I’m wrong.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I didn’t think too much about it at the time, and have already stated on this thread that I thought the umpiring was fine overall, but it does annoy me when umpires get things like this wrong.

I just saw the replay and when Mayne kicks the ball (which is then play on), Rampe is not forward of the mark. It was the umpire, not Rampe, who was overzealous. Rampe had every right to do what he did. It is an incorrect decision - and in situations like that you should be sure.

I doubt it would even get mentioned in their debrief of the game, but I hope I’m wrong.
    It's not play on when the player kicks the ball from a set shot, it would have been called play on if he took more than his 30 second to commence the run up or if he deviated from the line through the mark (note: Buddy has been given some leeway as he runs in an arc).
    Rampe had clearly identified the spot where the mark was and crossed into the protected zone as the kick was taken, the umpire was in good position to see this. Players can stand on the mark and jump vertically, but soon as they put any part of their body across the mark it is a penalty.
    sprite

The rampe 50m was there. He jumped over the mark. Clear as day.

#AFL Round 10 Swans v Pies Fri 24-May at SCG #AFLSwansPies @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Players can stand on the mark and jump vertically, but soon as they put any part of their body across the mark it is a penalty.
    Thanks for this comment. I was pondering about that earlier, comparing to a tennis serve (where foot must be behind line but body can be over line in mid-air when jumping as part of serve). So footy different to tennis rule.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718