Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 11 Geelong

Changes for Round 11 Geelong

With at least 1 forced change being Kennedy and perhaps 2 with a sore Robbie Fox there are a couple of changes that I would love to see (*Note I don't necessarily think these will actually happen).

Option 1.
    Out: Kennedy, Fox.
    In: Rowbottom, Menzel.

With this option I want to see Rowbottom to replace Kennedy and fill his role completely, being played as an inside mid predominantly starting in the middle of the ground. I want to see if he can perform at the highest level and why not get him in there head to head against a guy like Selwood! Would be a great learning experience for him at this early stage in his career!

Option 2.
    Out: Kennedy, Fox.
    In: Stoddart, Menzel.

With this option I want to see Stoddart replace Mills in defence which would add some speed in that area and allow Mills to replace Kennedy as a full-time inside midfielder. It's time Horse! With Kennedy out for a couple of weeks minimum and Jones also out a little while there is an opening in our midfield. We need to see what the kid can do if given a real opportunity to play in the position he dominated as a junior!

As I said at the start I doubt that these scenarios will probably happen as I know Horse is a very conservative coach (although I can see either of those players picked, especially Menzel) and will no doubt just move Papley back more in the middle instead of giving those other options a go.

I wouldn't even mind to see Rose given another go, but only if they play him as a mid where he has earned his place with great NEAFL form.

I think Menzel is a definite, which will be great theatre against his old side, but a second change is anyones guess!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Surprised if Hewitt plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Surprised if Hewitt plays.
    Looked to be a slight concussion, didn't appear to be too serious so I wouldn't have thought he'd miss a week from it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Maybe Sinkers needs a spell, which would be helped by bringing Menzel into the FWD line to replace Reid.

OUT: Kennedy (injured), Sinclair (buggered)
    IN: Menzel, McVeigh

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Maybe Sinkers needs a spell, which would be helped by bringing Menzel into the FWD line to replace Reid.

OUT: Kennedy (injured), Sinclair (buggered)
    IN: Menzel, McVeigh
    ??? You would omit Sinclair without bringing in Cameron and pull Reid out of his usual forward role when he just had his best ever game in that position and send him into the ruck? When I first read your comment I actually thought you were having a lend.

Menzel in seems a no brainier although who is going to apply the forward pressure? Come to think of it, this is another thing Reid makes a good contribution to.

Maybe our mid season draft mature recruit will just be the plug and play solution to our midfield deficits? Now I'm just having a lend.

Here's my serious left field selection suggestion: bringgg the Bell!

Sinkers is an average Ruckman who gets towled up by good Ruckman and breaks even against the rest.
    Geelong don't have s strong ruck division so he will go ok against them.

Veterans List
    Another fascinating week at selection, so many possibilities.

Position wise, as Ugg observed, maybe Dawson will play mostly centre square whilst JPK is absent. He'll still be able to drift back and forward as he has been in recent weeks. That saves disturbing the backline, just need a new winger.
    Last edited by 707; 26th May 2019 at 11:44 AM.

Veterans List
    On Game Day this morning I'm sure I heard Jude Bolton say that McVeigh will be available this week. Hope he's right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    On Game Day this morning I'm sure I heard Jude Bolton say that McVeigh will be available this week. Hope he's right!
    They said that this week, so it may come to pass. I reckon Menzel and Macca could be two big ins. McVeigh might make it easier for Mills to go into the midfield to replace Kennedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    They said that this week, so it may come to pass. I reckon Menzel and Macca could be two big ins. McVeigh might make it easier for Mills to go into the midfield to replace Kennedy.
    Yes, I thought at the time, that McVeigh's injury derailed the move of Mills to the midfield, because they wanted a mature head in defence. Then I thought, well, Mills is only 22 and Rampe is co-captain, so maybe that's not the case. But some of Dane's recent actions, have made me think that I was right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I wonder whether he will be eased back in? One more major soft tissue injury and we could be bidding farewell to another club championšŸ˜„

- - - Updated - - -

If Menzel comes in for JPK, I presume it will mean Heeney, Hayward and Paps will spend more time in the midfield. A forward line with Buddy, Reid, McCartain and Menzel looks a bit slow and lacking in forward tackling pressure.

Senior Player

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast