Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 11 Geelong

Veteran Site Admin
    Josh being out until the bye sounds like a pretty good outcome, given that's only two matches away. When the website reported on Friday/Saturday that he would be out for "weeks", that suggested something substantially longer. Of course, it still could be longer, but doesn't sound quite as gloomy.

G. Ablett
    One week .

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    G. Ablett
    One week .
    About time he got a week on the sidelines.

Veteran Site Admin
    He'll probably appeal it again, though I think he might have a bit more trouble this time. A little bit worse than "clumsy".

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    He'll probably appeal it again, though I think he might have a bit more trouble this time. A little bit worse than "clumsy".
    According to afl.com he’s accepting the sanction

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    According to afl.com he’s accepting the sanction
    3 strikes and you're out mister nice guy.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    ??? You would omit Sinclair without bringing in Cameron and pull Reid out of his usual forward role when he just had his best ever game in that position and send him into the ruck? When I first read your comment I actually thought you were having a lend!
    +1
    I think Reids development has been impeded by our inability to define his role as much as his physical fragility.

And the argument can be applied to Mills I reckon, he looked much good against the magpies, and a clear thinking Hodgelike halfback general (and possible captain) is a worthy part of a premiership team especially if the Swans intention is to play grassburners like Stoddart/Ling/NewMac on the flanks.
    While I love ZanyDane as a player, I am also just beginning to wonder at his suitability as a captain.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    +1
    I think Reids development has been impeded by our inability to define his role as much as his physical fragility.

And the argument can be applied to Mills I reckon, he looked much good against the magpies, and a clear thinking Hodgelike halfback general (and possible captain) is a worthy part of a premiership team especially if the Swans intention is to play grassburners like Stoddart/Ling/NewMac on the flanks.
    While I love ZanyDane as a player, I am also just beginning to wonder at his suitability as a captain.
    OTC last night showed Rampe only went over the mark as he jumped in the air, was hardly over at all, not the two metres suggested by some. Reckon the woeful kick by Mayne made the umpire think he'd gone over so he blew the whistle. The post climbing may have been ignorance of the rules, I'm forgiving and forgetting, Captain on Dane.

Dane is my favourite current player and my loyalty runs deep. I love him more, not less, for his passion even if it occasionally comes back to bite us.

I #StandWithDane too. He’s such a good player I can forgive the odd brain fade

At least no one is going to get elbowed in the face this week.
    All good.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Dane is my favourite current player and my loyalty runs deep. I love him more, not less, for his passion even if it occasionally comes back to bite us.
    That's all well and good but a Captain should NEVER do anything which "comes back to bite us". He needs to pull his head in....or just use what's in it a little better.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast