Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 11 Weekly Discussion Thread

Whena player like Newman goes from fringe swans to first pick defender at Carlton, it doesn't say much about the list.

Too many old boys at Carlton. Give Judd and SoS the flick first.

I can't believe that Bolton is the only one at Carlton who's going to be sacked before the year is out. They had 15 first round draft picks in the side that only scored 33 points on Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I can't believe that Bolton is the only one at Carlton who's going to be sacked before the year is out. They had 15 first round draft picks in the side that only scored 33 points on Sunday!
    That could easily be sold as the coach not getting the best out of them. The recruitment of McGovern suggests that they were expecting this group to start coming good this year.

Boltons had enough opportunity and they dont seem to be getting any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    That could easily be sold as the coach not getting the best out of them. The recruitment of McGovern suggests that they were expecting this group to start coming good this year.

Boltons had enough opportunity and they dont seem to be getting any better.
    I think the decision to go for such a drastic rebuild will rightly be questioned. That’s SOS territory surely?

I would love to know the basis on which the Liam Stocker trade was made. And whose head is on the block if they give up a top 2 pick to Adelaide.

Let’s hope that they turn it around under Teague and climb up the ladder, along with the Demons, leaving Swans in pole position in the draft.
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 3rd June 2019 at 05:08 PM.

I always think it’s a bit rough asking a sacked coach to front the media alongside those that gave him the sack. There must be a better way for coach, club and media to get what they want.

Veterans List
    A close friend of mine told me last week that a Carlton insider told him that Silvagni didn't like Bolton at all. I love it how all and sundry in the media reckon Carlton has a good list. (put together by Silvagni)
    Was walking down Smith St Collingwood this arvo and guess who was walking the other way.....none other than Ross Lyon. Perhaps looking for a coffee shop for a quiet chat to someone. Listening to the news right now and his name was mentioned.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I recall last year in game against North at SCG, McVeigh touching the ball in similar circumstances as Mayne which also wasn't reviewed after North had goaled. We lost game by less than a kick as well. There is so much more noise about this one because it involved Collingwood. Secondly, AFL didn't learn from last year's blunder.
    I was thinking the same thing. Where was the controversy last year?

Although I have to give Buckley credit for not blaming the error on the loss. He said that Freo were the better team.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Was walking down Smith St Collingwood this arvo and guess who was walking the other way.....none other than Ross Lyon. Perhaps looking for a coffee shop for a quiet chat to someone. Listening to the news right now and his name was mentioned.
    When reading this I thought it was strange that Ross Lyon would still be in Melbourne but I checked and Freo have the bye. But can you imagine if he left Freo to take up another coaching position like he did to the Saints? Can't see it happening but Ross is a strange cat so you never know!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    When reading this I thought it was strange that Ross Lyon would still be in Melbourne but I checked and Freo have the bye. But can you imagine if he left Freo to take up another coaching position like he did to the Saints? Can't see it happening but Ross is a strange cat so you never know!
    Ross-the-Boss' name has been mentioned by folks in the media in regard to both vacant coaching positions. It would not surprise me to see him back at Melbourne coaching by the end of the (calendar) year.

Veterans List
    I think the decision to go for such a drastic rebuild will rightly be questioned. That’s SOS territory surely?

I would love to know the basis on which the Liam Stocker trade was made. And whose head is on the block if they give up a top 2 pick to Adelaide.

Let’s hope that they turn it around under Teague and climb up the ladder, along with the Demons, leaving Swans in pole position in the draft.
    No way Carlton are going to win more games than us this year.

Regular in the Side
    amazing robbo ,Gerard and the papers all clamouring for more reviewed, what about the review of a pies player running at least 20 m (maybe ,ore) and kicking a goal that put them back in the lead, if paid against pies what ,might have been.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    No way Carlton are going to win more games than us this year.
    Saturday July 13th at the SCG. We'll see then whether Bolton was the problem at Carlton!

The Carlton list is pumped up by the media but maybe, just maybe it's not as good as they think. Media are very shallow, get a lot wrong in these types of things. I look at their list and it's really shallow with a number of key players retiring this year or next and they have a handful of potentially exciting young players but no more than most clubs. They have no depth. Poison chalice for whoever takes this coaching job and they won't have the guts to sack SOS.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast