Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 11 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List

#AFL Round 11 Weekly Discussion Thread

This is Swans related but this weeks 'general footy discussion' thread seems like as good a place as any to discuss this.

I see Barrett is at it again in his 'Sliding Doors' article....stoking the fire re: North's coaching vacancy and Horse but this time, he may have a point.

"If.......you want to totally shut down the speculation, Horse....

Then......this is how you'd do it: "I am contracted to the Sydney Swans for 2020 and under no circumstances will I be coaching North Melbourne next year. Repeat, no circumstances. And don’t ask me again."

I'm confident he's going nowhere (why would he want to?) but I would be more comfortable if Horse definitively shut it down.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    This is Swans related but this weeks 'general footy discussion' thread seems like as good a place as any to discuss this.

I see Barrett is at it again in his 'Sliding Doors' article....stoking the fire re: North's coaching vacancy and Horse but this time, he may have a point.

"If.......you want to totally shut down the speculation, Horse....

Then......this is how you'd do it: "I am contracted to the Sydney Swans for 2020 and under no circumstances will I be coaching North Melbourne next year. Repeat, no circumstances. And don’t ask me again."

I'm confident he's going nowhere (why would he want to?) but I would be more comfortable if Horse definitively shut it down.
    Don't fall for Barrett's manipulative gossip, Stevo. It's what he trades in.

Veterans List
    I've heard a few media people say that Longmire was strategic with the words he used to try to advance contract extension negotiations.

I agree Barrett is trying to be controversial. And he still doesn't understand what "Sliding Doors" actually is. He doesn't use it in the right context.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Shaw looks to be having a good start to a potential career as head coach

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    North Melbourne on fire at moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Roos v2.0

Veterans List
    Rhyce Shaw......master coach.

Can we get Shaw back? Who would have ever thought that he would make a good coach?

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Can we get Shaw back? Who would have ever thought that he would make a good coach?
    He won assistant of the year two years in a row

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    He won assistant of the year two years in a row
    Exactly. I was not too happy when he went to North....and even less now actually. Happy for him that they won of course but wins like tonight under the circumstances in the lead up are very bonding.....I fear he is falling in love with his new club and the Swans might have seen the last of him.

Caro mentioned lasted Tuesday on FC that the Swans were very upset at losing Rhyce who they had a very high opinion of. If say hypothetically Longmire gets the NM job, will Rhyce then be on the Swans short list for senior coach?

Amazing the difference a fresh voice can make. Well done Rhys.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast